Outlook email item custom property value sync with other mailboxes

Discussion in 'Microsoft Outlook Form Programming' started by dipakwiz, Sep 4, 2008.

  1. dipakwiz

    dipakwiz Guest

    We have developed an integrated Document management (DMS) and Workflow
    system. One of the features of our system is to show Outlook inbox from
    within our application and provide the facility to Drag-drop an email to a
    specific folder and file it to our DMS.

    Most of our application users receive emails with multiple recipients
    (within the organization). That particular email will be displayed in the
    Inbox of every recipient. However that email has to be filed by one user (any
    of them). We want to implement a functionality by which if one user files an
    email other recipient should receive some kind of status update automatically
    in their inbox for that email.

    We can easily update a custom property of the email item in the inbox of the
    user who is filing the email. However we need to implement a functionality to
    synchronize the value of that custom field of that particular email item with
    other recipient mailboxes.

    Any suggestion/help will be highly appreciated......

    dipakwiz, Sep 4, 2008

  2. Assuming that you're talking about Exchange mailboxes, this would almost
    certainly need to happen on the server side, as each user would not have the
    necessary permissions to change items in other people's Inbox folders. That
    means it would not be an Outlook application. The details would depend in
    large part on the Exchange version.
    --
    Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

    Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook], Sep 10, 2008