    suggestions?
    --
    kayfam

    kayfam, Dec 4, 2007

  2. kayfam

    K. Orland Guest

    I would guess that Outlook is attempting to send a read receipt:

    http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/deletereadreceipt.htm

    Let me know how you make out.

    --
    Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook
    http://www.howto-outlook.com/

    K. Orland, Dec 4, 2007

  3. kayfam

    kayfam Guest

    Hi Kathleen, thanks for trying to help me. First, i do not notice a message
    being sent if there is NO message in the outbox. it's just that i notice that
    when i have X messages in the outbox, then outlook states 'sending N+1 of
    N+1' when it does send and receive. when i executed the 'delete stuck
    receipt' there were NO messages in the Messages in Folder pane under
    mapi_folder-Root. any other idea? thanks again.
    --
    kayfam

    kayfam, Dec 4, 2007
  4. kayfam <> wrote:

    > Hi Kathleen, thanks for trying to help me. First, i do not notice a
    > message being sent if there is NO message in the outbox. it's just
    > that i notice that when i have X messages in the outbox, then outlook
    > states 'sending N+1 of N+1' when it does send and receive. when i
    > executed the 'delete stuck receipt' there were NO messages in the
    > Messages in Folder pane under mapi_folder-Root. any other idea?
    > thanks again.

    How many accounts do you have defined?
    --
    Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

    Brian Tillman, Dec 5, 2007
  5. kayfam

    kayfam Guest

    2 email accounts. thanks for looking into this.
    --
    kayfam

    kayfam, Dec 5, 2007
  6. kayfam <> wrote:

    > 2 email accounts. thanks for looking into this.

    Documented issue.
    <http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=group%3Amicrosoft.public.outlook.*+%2B2007+%2Bsending+%2Bextra+%2Bmessages&qt_s=Search+Groups>
    --
    Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]