Outlook 2007 keeps repeating/adding send tasks while sending/receiving

Discussion in 'Microsoft Outlook' started by Koen De Wolf, May 13, 2008.

  1. Koen De Wolf

    Koen De Wolf Guest

    Hi all,

    I have Outlook 2007 installed on a XP pro PC. I have 1 account for a IMAP
    mailserver and a couple accounts for POP3 mailservers configured.
    Auto send/receive is disabled at startup (so I have to start in manually).
    Everything worked fine till some weeks ago.

    When I hit the send/receive button, all the configured accounts are added to
    the task list in the send/receive window. After all account are processed,
    all accounts are added to the task list again for sending, over and over
    again. I have a screenshot of that on
    http://www.raadselweb.net/temp/sendreceive.jpg

    Also, sometimes when I send a mail, it stays in the outbox while it has been
    send.

    can someone help me on this?

    Thanks,

    Koen

    Koen De Wolf, May 13, 2008

  2. Koen De Wolf <> wrote:

    > I have Outlook 2007 installed on a XP pro PC. I have 1 account for a
    > IMAP mailserver and a couple accounts for POP3 mailservers configured.
    > Auto send/receive is disabled at startup (so I have to start in
    > manually). Everything worked fine till some weeks ago.
    >
    > When I hit the send/receive button, all the configured accounts are
    > added to the task list in the send/receive window. After all account
    > are processed, all accounts are added to the task list again for
    > sending, over and over again. I have a screenshot of that on
    > http://www.raadselweb.net/temp/sendreceive.jpg
    >
    > Also, sometimes when I send a mail, it stays in the outbox while it
    > has been send.

    Do you have your antivirus scanner integrated into mail? How about any sync
    software, like iTunes? If so, disintegrate the app and see if that makes a
    difference.
    --
    Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

    Brian Tillman, May 13, 2008

  3. did you get a fix for this mine has just started doing this also

    Adrian Harding, Jul 15, 2008
  4. Adrian Harding <> wrote:

    > did you get a fix for this mine has just started doing this also

    Did you read the reply that I posted to the original question two month ago?
    --
    Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

    Brian Tillman, Jul 15, 2008
  5. Koen De Wolf

    mountainbear

    Joined:
    Aug 21, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi

    I had exactly this problem and discovered one of my contacts was corrupt. When I clicked on 'To' and selected their name from the list, I spotted that their email address was missing in the address book. When I opened the contact in 'Contacts', the address was there. Bit strange!

    Anyway I created a new contact for the person concerned, copied all the details across, deleted the old (and apparently corrupt contact), resent the original message and all is fine.

    Good luck

    mountainbear, Aug 21, 2008