    Environment:
    Outlook 2007
    Exchange 2007

    JayR, Oct 6, 2009

  2. There isn't an Export views options, unfortunately. So while it can be done,
    its painstaking. I suppose you are using Exchange server? This is one time
    a PST would be easier - make a copy, delete her mail etc then give everyone
    a copy of the pst - the views are stored in it.

    Exchange has File, Folder, Copy folder designs which will make it easier -
    but she needs to do it on every folder and I'm not sure if it will keep
    custom views the others might have created. It may overwrite them so test it
    to be sure. It may not include 'all folders' views either. (I forget.)

    Another method needs to make views for 'this folder, everyone' then everyone
    opens the folder or gets a copy of the folder in a pst. They save the views
    for "all folders" so it gets written to their message store. This method
    works well if users just want one view or the views are all in one folder
    and they have permission to view the folder its on - ie, its on the inbox
    and they have permission her inbox. The open the inbox, open their Define
    views dialog and copy it as 'all folders, me only'

    --

    Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

    Outlook Tips by email:
    mailto:

    mailto:

    Diane Poremsky [MVP], Oct 6, 2009

  3. JayR

    JayR Guest

    Thanks for your reply.
    I don't think the .pst option would work because the automatic formatting
    that "User 1" has created would need to be placed on "User 2's" main calendar
    that is already in use.

    JayR, Oct 6, 2009
  4. it would - user 2 opens the pst, looks at the views and saves copies using
    the option for 'all folders'. It's really convoluted. :) If you have
    exchange, copy folder views is a little less convoluted.

    --
    Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

    Outlook Tips by email:
    mailto:

    mailto:

    Do you keep Outlook open 24/7? Vote in our poll:

    Diane Poremsky [MVP], Oct 6, 2009
  5. JayR

    undrline

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    The previous poster said that it would be complicated, but their site has a tutorial, which may help:
    http://www.outlook-tips.net/how-to/copy-outlook-custom-views

    Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
    undrline, Jun 26, 2012