    "application not found." for opening the file. All was well a few days ago
    I havent found a way to fix it. Some automatic updates ran recently but I
    don't know if that is the issue.

    earlene, Feb 16, 2009

  2. earlene

    Roady [MVP] Guest

    It sounds like you do not have a properly configured default handler for
    jpg-files configured.
    Windows Vista; Start-> Default Programs
    Windows XP and previous; Control Panel-> Folder Options-> tab File Types

    --
    Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
    http://www.howto-outlook.com/

    http://www.msoutlook.info/

    -----

    Roady [MVP], Feb 16, 2009

  3. earlene

    earlene Guest

    Thank you, I forgot ot mention I have wn XP. I lookedwhere you said and found
    JPE,JPEG AND JPG listed all related to photo album 6. how do I add one for my
    emails? Do I need to download a file? or...

    earlene, Feb 16, 2009
  4. earlene

    Roady [MVP] Guest

    No, that is it; there is no specific thing you have to do for emails.
    Attachments are opened with their default file handler as defined in
    Windows.
    When you save the attachment to your Desktop first, can you open it then?

    If not, see if clearing your Outlook Temp folder solves it.
    http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/securetemp.htm

    Roady [MVP], Feb 17, 2009
  5. earlene

    earlene Guest

    Thank you, I was wandering the web after your suggestion and found mention of
    a preview option for attachments, the photos were visable with that feature.
    I had not noticed that option before so I went in and turned the option off
    and my jpg files opened as usual. Don't have a clue why but there it is. I
    guess computing by "old lady's" intuition still works sometimes. I appreciate
    your help, I don't always have the correct terms in my brain to even look
    for a solution and you sent me in the right direction.

    earlene, Feb 17, 2009
  6. earlene

    Roady [MVP] Guest

    Good to hear you've got it solved and you're welcome! :)

    Roady [MVP], Feb 18, 2009