Outlook 2007 blue screen of death BSOD

Hi - ive just upgraded outlook 2003 to 2007, now i get a BSOD shortly after
opening outlook. Ive deleted all files in c:\documents and
settings\username\application data\outlook and local files\application
data\outlook , still i get the BSOD. Its not instant, its after 5 mins or so
of outlook downloading my mailbox. my profile is connecting to exchange over
https.

Any ideas appreciated - the bsod is Error code 0000007f, parameter1
00000000, parameter2 00000000, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 00000000.

Microsoft article suggests its a kernel error - but it only happens after i
try to use outlook. If i dont use outlook it dont happen.....

Diane Poremsky

did you try using detect and repair? (aka Office Diagnostics) if you have
the suite, you can run it from any office application.

did you make a new profile? no need to delete your current one yet, just
test it with a new one - and the new one can connect to a pop3 or any server
type - you basically just need to see if it works ok with a new profile.

"man without an email system..." <man without an email
news:[email protected]...

Hi - good idea! I tried creating a new profile just now with no account info
at all and outlook has been running for 10 minutes or so whilst detect and
repair runs without crashing.

This is looking promising - i guess its something in my profile causing the
bsod - a bit of an extreme reaction from outlook i feel? I am using the rpc
tunnel settings of outlook so maybe its a problem with that? It was the
standard profile that i downloaded from 1and1 so im guessing that there will
be a lot of people with problems with BSOD soon!

Thanks,

Stewart

hi - as a further update - ive reset up my account and now im getting BSOD
errors again. I even get them if im working offline??? Within about 2 minutes
of opening outlook the BSOD kicks in - yet i used the machine for 3 hours
this afternoon with no problems.....

Harry

I just installed Outlook 2007 and now I have the BSOD right after the
send/receive process begins. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook
several times. This only occurred since I installed the Outlook 07. I am
NOT going to re-install all of my software since this only started right
after Outlook showed up on the scene. HELP!!!

Roady [MVP]

Which version of Windows are you using?
Which type of mail account are you using?

As you are experiencing this during the send/receive progress I'm suspecting
you are running something that integrates with that such as a virus scanner
that integrates with Outlook. Disable this integration and try again.
See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/20