Outlook Outlook 2003 Today - calendar more than 7 days

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post.

I was wondering if there is any way that Outlook Today 2003 can be configured to show more than 7 days worth of appointments. Do any smart people out there know how to make this happen?

Thanks in advance,

Darren.

Reaction score
Would you accept a reply from a Smart-@55, as opposed to a person who is just smart in general?

I summarised your message and dropped that into google. First link I found was this:

http://www.informit.com/articles/article.asp?p=101747&rl=1

While I worked with 2003 at my previous employers company, I still use 2002, simply because it's way less 'heavy' and way more 'logical'.

Click the "View" menu in Outlook. Directly on this menu, you should have the ability to select "Month". If not, its because of the current view 'setting' you are on. Try then changing the "Current View" setting (also found under the View menu), and see if your month view appears. There are a few ways to look at the same data in 2003, and the pictures on the website I gave you depict the different ways to change these views.

Heres an excerpt:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your Calendar folders offer the most view options. The Day/Week/Month and Day/Week/Month View with AutoPreview views are planner-style calendars, whereas the remaining views (Active Appointments, Events, Annual Events, Recurring Appointments, and By Category) use a table format. Use By Category to view all of your calendar items on one screen. You can drag items not assigned to categories to add them to a category.

The Day/Week/Month views use the Day Planner view by default, or you can choose Work Week, Week, or Month view within the view. Along with changing the day display, you can show or hide the TaskPad and move the calendar thumbnails from the left or right side of the screen.

Automatic formatting is available for calendar items, using labels on the Day/Week/Month view and font formatting in any Table view. You can use rules to set either type of automatic formatting and both are independent of each other. Labels can be applied using views or individually by selecting a label color on each calendar item.

In Figure 3.3, calendars in the mailbox and public folders are shown side-by-side using a Day Planner–style format.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you're *still* unhappy with your view settings, you have 2 options.

1. Uninstall that monster known as 2003 and re-install 2002. Come on... You know you wanna.. At least, us tech support crowd would appreciate it a lil ;)

2. Learn Visual Basic and ActiveX, then create your own view into your calendar. 2003 has a very powerful scripting and form managing engine.
http://www.informit.com/articles/article.asp?p=102029&seqNum=7

Last edited:
Reaction score
Zhoul,

Heh heh, thanks very much for your EXTREMELY smart reply mate. I don't think I'm gonna get much satisfaction out of messing with the views, but it looks like interesting stuff messing around with a new home page. You've given me some stuff to go on with, so thanks.

Darren.

Ask a Question