Outlook 2003 popup error - default email client

Discussion in 'Microsoft Outlook Discussion' started by Tim, Dec 27, 2003.

  1. Tim

    Tim Guest

    I recently upgraded from XP to 2003 and I keep getting
    this error:

    "Either there is no default mail client or the current
    mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please
    run Microsoft Office Outlook and set it as the default
    mail client" [ OK ]

    This is a borderless, unmoveable popup dialog. The only
    way to get rid of it is to click [ OK ]. The taskbar
    icon is a red "slanted" ladder going to the right and the
    title is "Microsoft Office Oulook". It pops up about
    every 5-10 minutes even if outlook is closed or opened.

    What the heck is this? I have Outlook 2003 set as my
    default email client (I checked it in control panel and
    outlook itself).

    Could this be another program trying to send something
    through outlook?

    Any help would be appreciated. You can email me direct.

    Thanks in advance.

    Tim, Dec 27, 2003

  2. do you have any other mapi programs installed, such as Eudora, winfax, or
    word perfect's address book?

    Search for fixmapi and run it.

    --
    Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

    Diane Poremsky [MVP], Dec 27, 2003

  3. Tim

    Tim Guest

    I think I found the problem, I installed WindowBlinds
    4.2 ( http://www.stardock.com/products/windowblinds/ )
    and once I unloaded it, the popup went away. As soon I
    load it, the popup appears. This is a problem I'll have
    to take up with Stardock.

    I found and ran fixmapi and the popup still occurs.

    Thank you for the quick reply!

    Guide)

    >Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
    >Search for answers: http://groups.google.com
    >Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups:
    >http://groups.google.com/groups?

    as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&num=30

    Tim, Dec 27, 2003