    If they try to save it to disk first they get the error below.

    * Outlook cannot save this url to a file. Cannot find this file. *
    * Make sure the path and file name are correct. *

    Tech, Dec 17, 2003

  2. Tech

    Solution Guy Guest

    Yeah this is happening because Microsoft blanket block
    files with certain extensions from service pack 2 and on I
    think. It's their "solution", albeit an incredibly clumsy
    one, to the virus problem. You'll also find files with
    extensions such as .lnk, .exe, .com, .bat, .pif, .mdb and
    others are also blocked. It's not a very inteligent way of
    dealing with things, the bugs need to be fixed in the code.

    Anyway, the long and short is that there is no fix for the
    problem since I beleive there are no attachment management
    functions in Outlook 2000. However if your email is being
    managed by an Exchange server then there is an Admin tool
    that allows Exchange Administrators to specifiy which
    files (extensions) are allowed and which aren't.

    user can not click
    >on it and visit the website. Originally they were being

    deleted by Outlook
    >until I found the registry fix. There are two

    options "save to disk" and

    Solution Guy, Dec 18, 2003

  3. Tech

    Roady Guest

    This is not the issue addressed here. FYI there is a way to divert the
    attachment blocking and that is by editing the registry which is stated in
    the issue.

    Anyway; where are you trying to save the attachment to? Try saving it to a
    different location. Also note that they are not deleted by Outlook but they
    are just blocked.

    --
    Roady
    www.sparnaaij.net

    Questions of the month:
    -Color Code Your E-Mail Advanced
    -Add Sound To Your E-mail

    Subscribe to the newsletter!
    www.sparnaaij.net

    -----

    Roady, Dec 18, 2003
  4. Very true, perhaps you might find your answer here:

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810646

    Solutions Guy, Dec 18, 2003