(OT) Firefox upgrade to version 3.6.2

robinb

Firefox 3.6.2 fixes the following issues found in previous versions of
Firefox 3.6:

* Fixed a critical security issue that could potentially allow remote
code execution (see bug 552216).
* Fixed several additional security issues.
* Fixed several stability issues.

Bill Sanderson

Thanks, Robin and Randy. This had been scheduled to be released a week from
now--there goes my schedule...

Randy Knobloch

Bill said:
Thanks, Robin and Randy. This had been scheduled to be released a week from
now--there goes my schedule...

You are welcome, Bill. I would appear that Mozilla pushed the release forward due
to the 0-day on the past build. From what I understand.

robinb

its amazing how no one tried to hack Chrome
guess it is not as popular as ie and firefox
robin

Jerry Martin

Oops! I meant to include this recap in my previous post. It will save those
who only want the summary from having to go to the Wikipedia article.

Here's the summary of the Wikipedia article "Usage share of web browsers"
at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_web_browsers

"The usage share of web browsers.
Source: Median values from summary table.
Internet Explorer (54.50%; Usage by version number)
Mozilla Firefox (30.96%; Usage by version number)
Google Chrome (5.61%)
Safari (5.27%)
Opera (2.10%)
Other (1.78%)"