    code execution (see bug 552216).
    * Fixed several additional security issues.
    * Fixed several stability issues.

    robinb, Mar 23, 2010

    <http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/3.6.2/releasenotes/>

    <http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/ie.html>

    --
    Randy
    <http://msmvps.com/blogs/siljaline/default.aspx>

    Randy Knobloch, Mar 24, 2010

  3. Thanks, Robin and Randy. This had been scheduled to be released a week from
    now--there goes my schedule...

    Bill Sanderson, Mar 24, 2010
  4. Bill Sanderson wrote:
    > Thanks, Robin and Randy. This had been scheduled to be released a week from
    > now--there goes my schedule...

    You are welcome, Bill. I would appear that Mozilla pushed the release forward due
    to the 0-day on the past build. From what I understand.

    Regards,

    Randy Knobloch, Mar 24, 2010
  5. robinb

    occam Guest

    On 24/03/2010 16:53, Randy Knobloch wrote:
    > Bill Sanderson wrote:
    >> Thanks, Robin and Randy. This had been scheduled to be released a week from
    >> now--there goes my schedule...

    > You are welcome, Bill. I would appear that Mozilla pushed the release forward due
    > to the 0-day on the past build. From what I understand.

    They pushed the schedule forward in order to take part in this competition:
    http://www.neowin.net/news/safari-firefox-and-ie8-hacked-chrome-left-untested

    (little good it seems to have done them)

    occam, Mar 26, 2010
  6. robinb

    robinb Guest

    its amazing how no one tried to hack Chrome
    guess it is not as popular as ie and firefox
    robin

    robinb, Mar 26, 2010
  7. robinb

    Jerry Martin Guest

    Hi Robin:

    Take a look at the Wikipedia article "Usage share of web browsers" at:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_web_browsers

    Cheers,
    Jerry

    Jerry Martin, Mar 26, 2010
  8. robinb

    Jerry Martin Guest

    Oops! I meant to include this recap in my previous post. It will save those
    who only want the summary from having to go to the Wikipedia article.

    Here's the summary of the Wikipedia article "Usage share of web browsers"
    at:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_web_browsers

    "The usage share of web browsers.
    Source: Median values from summary table.
    Internet Explorer (54.50%; Usage by version number)
    Mozilla Firefox (30.96%; Usage by version number)
    Google Chrome (5.61%)
    Safari (5.27%)
    Opera (2.10%)
    Other (1.78%)"

    Cheers,
    Jerry

    Jerry Martin, Mar 26, 2010
  9. robinb

    robinb Guest

    wow- chrome has a real low percentage of usage
    robin

    robinb, Mar 26, 2010
  10. robinb

    Jerry Martin Guest

    And Opera, which I use, has an even lower percentage of use <g>.

    Jerry

    Jerry Martin, Mar 26, 2010
  11. robinb

    robinb Guest

    actually may be a good thing- less attacks on it?

    > And Opera, which I use, has an even lower percentage of use <g>.
    >
    > Jerry
    >
    > "robinb" <> wrote in message
    >> wow- chrome has a real low percentage of usage
    >> robin
    >>
    >> "Jerry Martin" <> wrote in message
    >>> Oops! I meant to include this recap in my previous post. It will save
    >>> those
    >>> who only want the summary from having to go to the Wikipedia article.
    >>>
    >>> Here's the summary of the Wikipedia article "Usage share of web
    >>> browsers"
    >>> at:
    >>>
    >>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_web_browsers
    >>>
    >>> "The usage share of web browsers.
    >>> Source: Median values from summary table.
    >>> Internet Explorer (54.50%; Usage by version number)
    >>> Mozilla Firefox (30.96%; Usage by version number)
    >>> Google Chrome (5.61%)
    >>> Safari (5.27%)
    >>> Opera (2.10%)

    robinb, Mar 26, 2010
  12. robinb

    Jerry Martin Guest

    Robin:

    I'm hoping that you're correct and that there are fewer attacks on Opera.
    But the main reason I use Opera is that I like several of its features. But
    that's my personal taste. To each their own when it comes to browsers <g>.

    Jerry

    Jerry Martin, Mar 26, 2010
  13. robinb

    Guest

    On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 17:27:06 -0400
    "Jerry Martin" <> wrote:

    > Robin:
    >
    > I'm hoping that you're correct and that there are fewer attacks on
    > Opera. But the main reason I use Opera is that I like several of its
    > features. But that's my personal taste. To each their own when it
    > comes to browsers <g>.

    Opera share probably went up a bit with start of European browser choice
    screen earlier this month. At least, Opera reported a ton of downloads
    the first right off. And 10.52 is fast, even if all the pieces and
    bugs haven't been worked out yet (Opera rushed out 10.50 prematurely
    relative to earlier versions to meet the March 1 deadline).

    Gene

    , Mar 26, 2010
  14. robinb

    occam Guest

    On 26/03/2010 22:27, Jerry Martin wrote:
    > Robin:
    >
    > I'm hoping that you're correct and that there are fewer attacks on Opera.
    > But the main reason I use Opera is that I like several of its features. But
    > that's my personal taste. To each their own when it comes to browsers <g>.

    Any features that cannot be duplicated or bettered by Firefox add-ons?
    (or even Chrome add-ones?)

    occam, Mar 27, 2010
  15. robinb

    Guest

    On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 08:36:09 +0100
    occam <occam@127.0.0.1> wrote:

    > On 26/03/2010 22:27, Jerry Martin wrote:
    > > Robin:
    > >
    > > I'm hoping that you're correct and that there are fewer attacks on
    > > Opera. But the main reason I use Opera is that I like several of
    > > its features. But that's my personal taste. To each their own when
    > > it comes to browsers <g>.
    > >

    > Any features that cannot be duplicated or bettered by Firefox add-ons?
    > (or even Chrome add-ones?)

    Try and find out for yourself. But add-ons - what's that? ;) Those
    don't exist in Opera, except in the sense of custom skin designs and
    the option not to use features, such as Opera Unite, widgets or
    many other built in elements. The ability to change the look and
    operation in ton of ways is built in.

    Gene

    , Mar 27, 2010
  16. robinb

    occam Guest

    On 27/03/2010 09:58, wrote:
    > On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 08:36:09 +0100
    > occam <occam@127.0.0.1> wrote:
    >
    >> On 26/03/2010 22:27, Jerry Martin wrote:
    >>> Robin:
    >>>
    >>> I'm hoping that you're correct and that there are fewer attacks on
    >>> Opera. But the main reason I use Opera is that I like several of
    >>> its features. But that's my personal taste. To each their own when
    >>> it comes to browsers <g>.
    >>>

    >> Any features that cannot be duplicated or bettered by Firefox add-ons?
    >> (or even Chrome add-ones?)

    > Try and find out for yourself.

    I have, and I do not like Opera one bit. The take-it-or-leave-it
    all-in-one browser which people either like (<1%) or despise (99%, going
    by the stats).

    >But add-ons - what's that? ;)

    Try it and find out for yourself.

    occam, Mar 27, 2010
  17. robinb

    Guest

    On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 20:07:31 +0100
    occam <occam@127.0.0.1> wrote:

    > On 27/03/2010 09:58, wrote:
    > > On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 08:36:09 +0100
    > > occam <occam@127.0.0.1> wrote:

    > >> Any features that cannot be duplicated or bettered by Firefox
    > >> add-ons? (or even Chrome add-ones?)

    > > Try and find out for yourself.

    > I have, and I do not like Opera one bit. The take-it-or-leave-it
    > all-in-one browser which people either like (<1%) or despise (99%,
    > going by the stats).
    >

    > >But add-ons - what's that? ;)

    > Try it and find out for yourself.

    You missed the point of the ;) - I have, which is why FF is left as one
    of my backup browsers, for sites that aren't programmed as well.
    Actually, the percentages, taken worldwide, are creeping up toward 3%
    or higher, which isn't much below Chrome. But then, Opera has a
    majority of the mobile market, doesn't it?

    Gene

    , Mar 27, 2010
  18. robinb

    Jerry Martin Guest

    Hello:

    I like the features set in Opera and I'm not ambitious enough to go
    searching for such add-ons in FireFox <vbg>.

    Jerry

    Jerry Martin, Mar 27, 2010
  19. robinb

    Robin Guest

    I found Opera slowed down my computer and also pages took longer to load
    than ie so I uninstalled it
    I use firefox and when I want a real big website to load I then use Chrome
    but firefox is still my main browser
    robin

    Robin, Mar 28, 2010
  20. robinb

    Guest

    On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 21:02:17 -0400
    "Robin" <> wrote:

    > I found Opera slowed down my computer and also pages took longer to
    > load than ie so I uninstalled it
    > I use firefox and when I want a real big website to load I then use
    > Chrome but firefox is still my main browser
    > robin

    I understand. The new versions of Opera are now comparable, if not
    faster than FF, per my own experience and tests
    (http://www.betanews.com/article/Saf...Chrome-4-Opera-a-very-close-second/1269632354)
    Though at a certain speed who's counting. It's pretty much coming
    around to the transmission line being the hold up. Choosing a
    browser - to the extent people compare - it's a lot like who wears or
    doesn't wear a walkman/ipod while exercising; i.e., it has a lot more
    to do with personality and work style than which one is faster or
    whatever.

    Gene

    , Mar 28, 2010