Hi everyone:

SYS: Alienware Area 51 7700m
P4 3.6GHZ 1MB 800FSB LGA775
Patriot 1GB DDR2 PC4200 SO-DIMM x2
ATI M28 w/256MB
Seagate 100G 7200Rpm 8MB PATA - Brand Spankin New HD... OS Never made it in:(
24xDVD CD-RW combo QSI
8xDVD+/-RW NEC Optical Drive
Original OS XP Pro SP2 (currently NONE!!!)
MoBo D900T 5.2B Clevo

...-The Dillemma: Upon trying to install the OS (XP Pro SP2) I Got the following errors "The software you are trying to install has Not passed windows Logo testing to verify it's compatability with WINDOWS XP ....with the option to continue in both instances the second was the very same error only this time it was listing the promise controller. after it finished and rebooted it got stuck in Reboot Hell it kept cycling from boot to normall looking startup ..only instead of a desktop it flashed an Indechiperable blue screen with an error that i could not make out back to reboot and on and on....(( ... And yes I dwnlded the Non Raid Drivers and extracted and installed them on time.

Also It May be Prudent to mention Albeit Late but upon the first time it finalized and rebooted I got the error message INF. file is Invalid, After Deleting the partion and starting fresh I dident see it again..

Any Help would be VERY welcomed..
Thank You In Advance...StarChild.exe

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks For The Input Bro:)

I havent seen anything directly related to the problem I'm having but, I've emailed Paul(heres to hoping)
Thank You Abarbarian for taking the time though:D

Peace StarChild.exe
happywave.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
From the info offered, my only guess would be to ask you if you have the Promise RAID drivers on a floppy disk, inserted in the floppy disk drive and you're hitting F6 when prompted during the XP install?

Assuming you have a floppy drive, that is.

Most systems will happily load XP and let you install the RAID drivers later, but some won't, and I have seen problems if they're not present at the installation start.

PS: Is the new hard disk detected in the Bios?

Reaction score
Yes to All and I used the floppy drive Alienware sent me also I've since re dwnlded the drives again fresh and copied them to a Brand New floppy. and yes I most certainly hit F6 during boot after hit any key to boot from CD and also hit (S) to designate the Device ect. ect. ect. and yes the new HD is showing up in the bios..well its showing as it did w/ the previous HD it shows up as SATA controller but yea. OMG Guess what bros!!!! HAHAHA LMAO It worked!!!! Instead of re-installing this time I've opted to Repair windows and NO MORE Blue screen
laughingsmiley.gif
YEEEEEA!!! Its working ROFLMAO ^_~ o.O>.<=D

floppybootstomp you must be Good Luck Man or wait I know Your Karma Has Rubbed off on me!!!!

Thanks all please excuse me I've been at this for 2 nights...well heh I gotta lotta work and files to move so please excuse me ...and Thanks again.

Peace ~N~ Goodwill StarChild.exe

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Try loading XP without the RAID drivers?

Is the XP CD scratched?

Dunno, ya got me on this one :confused:

To confirm, your new hard disk is a 100Gb (strange size) Seagate paralell (IDE) drive, yes?

And how is it actually listed in the Bios?

Reaction score
Floppy Its fix Bro TY Floppy man I think it was the INF.file once repaired it booted right up. yea it is a strange size but I'ts accually the biggest one I could find as a 7200 rpm with an 8 mb cache.. Just one more question, I noticed that the 8mb cache no longer shows when designating the partition... does it still exist or have I screwed the pooch???

Last edited:

Ask a Question