    stuck opening up files and I have to shut it down. Any suggestions for how
    to approach this?

    Evan

    Evan, Jun 22, 2009

  2. Saved from a previous post:

    If you know the name of the folder, you can (temporarily) rename that folder to
    something else.

    Then open excel and clean up that entry.

    Then rename that folder back to what it should be.

    If you don't know the name, you can make a change to the registry:

    If you're comfortable changing the registry...

    Windows start button|Run|Regedit

    Traverse to:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Excel\Options
    under: AltStartup

    And delete that key.

    (11.0 means xl2003, 10.0 means xl2002, etc)

    But be careful. Since you're working in the registry, you may want to back
    it up before you do any changes. (You don't get a confirmation prompt when
    you make changes here!)

    --

    Dave Peterson

    Dave Peterson, Jun 22, 2009

  3. Evan

    Evan Guest

    Thanks Deleted value in RegEdit and worked like a charm.

    Evan, Jun 22, 2009