    processors?

    Thanks,
    - Russ

    a, Dec 23, 2004

  2. Check under wce400\sh3 and wce400\mipsxxx
    There are no PPCs based on sh3 or mips and regular CE devices are supported
    by CF only on CE.NET 4.1+

    --
    Alex Feinman
    ---

    Alex Feinman [MVP], Dec 23, 2004

  3. I hadn't noticed this myself before but these files are indeed missing.
    Although this does affect only a small number of devices (Some Pocket PC
    2000 devices only). The class libraries within the SDF are not themselves
    processor specific, but it is the custom setup dll within the cab file which
    necessitates the multiple versions of the cab. You could try as Alex has
    suggested the version located
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
    2003\CompactFrameworkSDK\v1.0.5000\Windows CE\wce400\sh3
    and the mips equivalent.
    If these doesn't install on the device, another option would be to include
    the dlls within your own cab file.

    Peter

    --
    Peter Foot
    Windows Embedded MVP

    Peter Foot [MVP], Dec 23, 2004
  4. a

    2 Guest

    Peter Foot [MVP] wrote:
    > I hadn't noticed this myself before but these files are indeed missing.
    > Although this does affect only a small number of devices (Some Pocket PC
    > 2000 devices only). The class libraries within the SDF are not themselves
    > processor specific, but it is the custom setup dll within the cab file which
    > necessitates the multiple versions of the cab. You could try as Alex has
    > suggested the version located
    > C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
    > 2003\CompactFrameworkSDK\v1.0.5000\Windows CE\wce400\sh3
    > and the mips equivalent.

    For the moment I've dropped support for the MIPS and SH3 versions. I'm
    waiting for someone to mention they need it. Right now I just have Arm
    and ArmV4. I think those are the only devices made in recent years so I
    think it will work out OK.

    > If these doesn't install on the device, another option would be to include
    > the dlls within your own cab file.
    >
    > Peter

    I was wondering about that. Right now I include the OpenNETCF CAB files
    inside my cab file then launch it via a custom setup.dll. I still have
    the possibility that the user may uninstall OpenNETCF and remove the DLL
    files. I added a detector for in my application startup like this...

    [vb for CF]
    public sub form_load(...)
    if OpenNETCFisMissing then
    MessageBox.Show("Required OpenNETCF is Missing!","Good Bye!")
    Application.Exit
    end if
    end sub

    public function OpenNETCFisMissing as boolean
    try
    call TryUsingOpenNETCF
    catch tlex as TypeLoadException
    return TRUE
    end try
    return FALSE
    end sub

    public sub TryUsingOpenNETCF
    'This will fail if assembly (DLL) is not on device
    Dim UnusedVariable as OpenNETCF.MathEx
    end sub

    2, Dec 24, 2004