Oops system blue screened, oppinions welcomeI

Reaction score
:blush::fool:Well this weekend, well on Friday the PC blue screened :cry:and was not able resolve the situation, so over the weekend I had to reformat my C drive using the wife's PC (she was not happy) and reinstall Windows 8.1 64 bit, but my question is did I use too many cleaning software and registry cleaners as I think I was over enthuastic with registry cleaners. I have installed System Mechanic, Advanced System Care, Austlogics free defrag and AVG anti virus. is there anything else I should download for PC maintainace ?:bow:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I have installed System Mechanic, Advanced System Care, Austlogics free defrag and AVG anti virus. is there anything else I should download for PC maintainace ?:bow:

You can start by un-installing all of those. In short they are all a load of old pony, and I am sure that is not just my opinion.
Bitdefender is a good free AV and a million times better than AVG.
As for registry cleaners, my opinion is they are a waste of time and don't really do anything.
If you need a good'ish system cleaner then use Ccleaner, it does what it says on the tin.
THat's all I have ever used and works fine for me.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
yes, UNINSTALL!! everyone of those, err, programs, including the defrag program ... you don't 'need' a registry cleaner!

I concur with EvanDavis, Bitdefender Free is, IMHO, a better AV to use. Install it, after you have removed AVG, and forget about it.

:user:

Reaction score
:blush::DThanks for the advice guy's I have downloaded Bitdefender and not installed System Mechanic, Advanced System Care or Austlogics free defrag, once again thanks for the advice. Oh by the way I hate W 8.1 and all the palava of registering on line and waiting for emails , luckly I could use the wife's pc.

Ask a Question