OLMAPI32.dll not found

Discussion in 'Microsoft Outlook Installation' started by nomail4me, Dec 11, 2007.

  1. nomail4me

    nomail4me Guest

    I already made up this post but it's not showing up for some reason so i'm
    repeating it. Sorry if you people see both.

    I just got a new computer with Vista on it. It also had Microsoft Office
    2007 Trial version installed but it's only good for 25 uses.

    So rather than bother with it, I installed my Microsoft Office 2003 Student
    & Teacher disk.

    I got outlook to open and had help from the ISP company setting up my email
    settings in outlook.

    Then when I tried to download my email by clicking send/receive, I got the
    following message:

    "This application has failed to start because OLMAPI32.dll was not found.
    Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

    I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice and still get the message.

    Can anyone help me please?

    nomail4me, Dec 11, 2007

  2. nomail4me <> wrote:

    > So rather than bother with it, I installed my Microsoft Office 2003
    > Student & Teacher disk.
    >
    > I got outlook to open and had help from the ISP company setting up my
    > email settings in outlook.

    Uninstall both the trial and the relased verison, then install the released
    version again.
    --
    Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

    Brian Tillman, Dec 11, 2007

  3. nomail4me

    KNE2433 Guest

    I'm having a similar problem. I've been using Microsoft Outlook 2007 for
    about 2 months now without any problems. This morning I went to open Outlook
    and received an error message: OLMAPI32.dll . Now I can't open Outlook to
    save my life! Can anyone help me?

    KNE2433, Jan 8, 2008