Old EBuyer Comments

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
e-buyer

Their prices are very good, I've bought a lot of stuff from here. Only criticisms are they took 3 weeks to replace a faulty stick of RAM and I've never been able to get through on the phone to them. Every order so far (about ten) has arrived the next day well packaged.

Reaction score
I've also bought a few things from here, all of it arrived well packed. The prices are extremely competetive.

s-p

Reaction score
Superb prices, average delivery. Packaging was minimal to say the least, well compared to the dabs packaging it was anyway. Delivery delayed due to chaging warehouse, but only by a couple of days, nothing major.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've had to re-evaluate my opinion of this supplier.

Their service has become awful.

I think they've become too popular for their own good and now take too long over everything. The last two orders I placed took four working days to arrive. In the past, orders always arrived next day.

It takes around 40 minutes to one hour to reach them on the phone and that time is spent in a queue system, so you're paying for the call.

It took ONE MONTH for them to forward me an RMA number.

A motherboard was advertised as coming with a free USB2 PCI card. When it arrived, no card. I phoned e-buyer (40 minute wait) they told me I had to phone the motherboard manufacturer. No instructions to claim the card were supplied with the order.

Then I had to fax the motherboard manufacturer my invoice (which I had to download from e-buyer's site) and a letter claiming my card. It DID eventually arrive, 3 weeks later.

I have had it with this lot, let the above be a warning if you're considering purchasing anything from them.

Prices are good, services are absolutely terrible.

One star, for prices.

Reaction score
eBuyer seemed very attractive for price but when I ordered several components at the same time I experienced problems. I expected to wait for all items to be in before shipping, but they don't advertise the fact that if someone else orders the same item as you and their order can be filled before yours, then they get it and you don't...even if you placed the order first. This process delays orders for days, especially if you have almost an entire system to put together. Overall the cash savings were not worth the hassle, and the amount of time i spent trying to get through to their customer service line probably cost me more !
Also their product range is missing many good items from key manufacturers.

Reaction score
EBuyer usually get bad press, but i have never had a bad experience.

Purchased loadsa stuff off them due to usually the cheapest. The website has vastly been improved now that peoples comments are against products.

Returns arent the quickest but i have broken about 4 power supplies, and they have replaced them all no questions asked

Reaction score
Faulty Faulty Faulty.

first time builder and ended up sending back their own make of HDD and RAM and I am still experiencing problems with another stick of RAM they sent me.

Any if you want a cash refund you have no chance if the RMA is requested 30 days later.

Talk about putting you off!

Reaction score
Ebuyer stinks

I will not nor would I recommend anyone to purchase anything from Ebuyer.com. They are truly one of the few companies I have dealt with that does not care about the customer. They seem to be only focused on their own profits.

I bought a Linksys wireless router from Ebuyer.com and found out that the as advertised distance was not what the company said it was 40 feet verses the advertised 300 feet. I did everything I could to make the router work over a greater distance, even changed the router, only to be disappointed. I would have settled for 100 feet line of sight.

I then got permission to return the router to Ebuyer.com. I returned the router and was charged a 20% restocking fee. I protested, but Ebuyer.com did not care that the router was an inferior product and Linksys had miss lead me. They were only interested in making their money. Their response was that they would contact the company and I would still have to pay the fee.

My second problem with this company was when I wanted them to remove me from their mailing. I did not want to get spammed buy any company especially a company I had no intention of ever doing business with again.

I contacted their “customer service” and they said I would be removed from the list. I contacted them 5 more times and each time they said I was off their list. I even produced their spam only to hear “you are off the list” the only explanation for this would be either they are a bunch of idiots or they are lying. I had to place them in the spam blocker to get rid of them.

Signed …. I should have listened to the other bad reviews about this company.

Reaction score
When I first used ebuyer as a supplier about 18 months ago they seemed to be fine on customer care. However since then they have designed themselves a system which makes it impossible for you to contact them when anything goes wrong. No one answers the telephone and the costs mount while you wait in a queue until when you get near the front you get cut off.. The Enote system is a joke. I've had one in now which is allocated to Sarah for 29 hours and is still awaiting processing.
Looking at different reviews on their performance it seems that a third of their customers are not terribly satisfied with the customer service and they should be worried at that.
The performance reminds me a bit of Jungle,com a few years back and where are they now?
Great prices but the service sucks.

Reaction score
Ebuyer

Hi,
I'm posting because I, like a lot of people who build their own PC's, have bought my hardware from Ebuyer a number of times. However, over the past year I have received nothing but bad service from this company and after complaining and complaining and complaining and getting nowhere I've had enough. If like me, you have been let down with delivery dates, the wrong items being sent, only receiving half your order or less at a time, orders being cancelled and a whole host of other problems when ordering from this company and if like me your complaints have been ignored or brushed off by their complaints / support department then I request that you join my list of dissatisfied customers. Once the list is up to a reasonable level, I plan to contact as many TV, Radio and Magazine consumer complaints programs as I can find, to get our complaints heard on the way this company treats its customers.

I intend to post this topic on as many forums as I can, if I get a good response I will create a web page with a form for those who have suffered poor service from Ebuyer to record their complaints.
I will post the URL for the complaints form as soon as it is clear that this campaign has enough support to be heard.

Thank you for your time.

Sir Sixx

Reaction score
Customer Services ???

I’ve ordered quite a few items from E-buyer, but recently have had nothing but trouble with them. Last month I ordered a Liteon DVD+/-RW drive from them. After FIVE days my items arrived. However, they sent me a Liteon CD-RW drive instead!!

I tried telephoning them (waited for ages, but never got through).
I then sent an e-note, and waited for FOUR days for a reply!!
I was then told to submit an RMA request and return the incorrectly sent item.
I was then told that E-buyer would have to look at it before sending a replacement.

After a whole MONTH of waiting I was told that the item which I originally ordered was no longer in stock and that I would get a refund (even though an almost identical item was in stock).

Personally, I don't think this is very good service for a mistake made by E-buyer in the first place (they claim on their website to offer 'World Class Service'). I will no longer be buying anything else from them and find it very hard to recommend the company to anyone.

DON’T BE FOOLED BY THE CHEAP PRICES - IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!!

u05

Reaction score
Product Reviews removed

It's been about 5 months since i last bought from ebuyer and but when i did i was happy with the prices and the products i got, and didn't need to return anything. This might be different now, but I have been visiting the site and noticed the maxtor diamond hard drive reviews had been reset.

These reviews were warning customers that the hard drive was poor quality and was a long list of poor reviews, around 80 i think.

They have kept up the 100 or so good reviews for the seagate barracuda, and two very nice maxtor reviews appeared so i would only really pay attention to bad reviews on this site or very large quantities of good reviews (although this won't guarantee anything.).

Just be warned the reviews are being played about with!

Reaction score
Crap service from ebuyer

Reading this site makes me relieved that I'm not the only one suffering poor service from ebuyer and a bit annoyed at myself for not doing so sooner.

Needless to say have suffered very similar problems however unlike some of the other correspondents I have managed to get through on the phone line and spoke to the rudest person in the whole world who refused to give me her details (data protection???) and also refused to pass me on to the supervisor when I objected.

The enote service is a joke. I've been waiting for a week now to get a number to return some goods and have seen that the note has passed to several operatives none of whom have been bothered to get back to me.

If anyone knows of any organised complaint about ebuyer, I will be more than happy to get involved. Its such a shame though, I have been buying from then for a couple of years now and it is absolutely true that the lure of the dollar has dramatically reduced the quality of their service

Here's hoping they get their just rewards

Wrighteous

Reaction score
ebuyer sucks

have purchased a lot in the past from ebuyer. prices and delivery good but the returns service really really sucks. i have returned a number of items in the past and been treated with third class service. i lately ordered 2 packs of 25 blank dvdr and got to dvd no 7 and the rest were faulty after returning them 2 months later gets the pack with 7 missing sent back to me, after much notes and a phone call i now have to go out my way and purchase enough dvds to fill the pack and send it back before they will replace them. dt know if this is lagal but the rep on phone says it is.. ps i have had no return postage costs for any items i have returned which is illegal

Reaction score
THE WORST OF THE WORST!!

WHAT A SHOWER OF SHITE!!!!!!!!!!

Avoid this company like the plague good people, let's hope the good lord, if she exists, meats out some kind of justice to these piss-poor, Unibond League amateurs!!! I ordered my stuff, (almost a grand's worth), over three weeks ago and have received 8 seperate emails informing me my stuff has been shipped out when it hasn't!!! If you call them up, if you can get through, you are subjected to at least 30 - 45 minutes of being on hold, all charged at National Call Rate no less!!!

Your only other alternative is to use their 'e-notes' system, but don't be surprised when they are never answered and then closed down by some dilligent member of the 'ebuyer team'. The staff give the impression of being totally un-arsed and I'm not certain if their communication methods aren't illegal or not!!!

But I feel as though I am finally almost free, today I cancelled my order, and, fingers crossed should have my money back in the next 3 - 5 days. Wish I'd read the reviews at this site and elsewhere first though then I wouldn't have bothered, I'm half glad they didn't deliver the stuff on time, looks like their returns policy is even more of a headache from what I have read on the net.

Please make your own mind up, but I would advise you to strongly heed mine, and the advice of others, in saying STAY AWAY FROM EBUYER!!!!!!!! Surely a piece on Watchdog and in Which must follow, I have written to both and I urge you to all do likewise.

Thankyou for allowing me to vent spleen, I am now off to continue with the rest of my life..............

Reaction score
speculate to accumulate

When you see how many comments there are on this company, you understand how many people are dealing with them. The bad news is that they keep their business on price and range only. THEY DO NOT HAVE CUSTOMER SERVICE! I persevered with them for 2 years but now will not deal with them. I prefer to deal with a company who charges a little extra but delivers on time, has a human being on the end of the phone and cares about their business.

Ebuyer are not that big to take a fall, and from my experience they are the old Gateway of the food retail business, the Kwik save of today, the BL of the car trade, The nat west of banking(now owned by RBS). They all thought they were untouchable. They became complacent and ignored the customer and their management just became greedy and rich and now they are no more. If Ebuyer don't change, they will be blown away by another etailer who gets it right. We will never hear about it until its all over but I reckon they will fail if they don't focus on their customers. I reckon they have a 65% satisfaction rating. Company's need at least 80% to survive.

kristel

Blonde - But salvageable
Reaction score
Oh dear...

Terrible... terrible.

I ordered an AMD64. Ram, SATA HDD, and a Shuttle based on nforce3.

The price was some £70 cheaper than Dabs, and I'd say well done, but they didn't send the right items.

I got an nforce 2 shuttle instead.

I also paid for saturday delivery.

I didn't get the items I ordered on Saturday - I got the wrong ones. Would anyone like to take bets on how long it'll take me to get that (hefty) delivery charge refunded?

Reaction score
eBuyer.....yeah..WHATEVER!!

I'm gonna jump on this bandwaggon and add my dissaproving view of eBuyer.com

THEY ARE A JOKE OF A COMPANY!!

When i first saw the site, i thought it look good, and the prices looked great. Almost everyday that has passed since, i have seen something that makes me think less and less of them.

The first thing to PISS me off was:
When you make a large order with eBuyer (say 10 items), they will not put your items on hold should one of them be out of stock...sorry, they will only hold them for a maximum of 2 days which is odd since it takes them a minimum of 4 days to get any item back in stock (and your lucky if it is 4 days rather than 4 weeks). What this means, is that there is a high possibility that you will NEVER recieve your order...why?....because as soon as your item does come into stock, there is a VERY high chance that one or more of your other items (which they would not hold for you) will have gone out of stock....this continues to take you round and round in circles. Eventually, what i had to do was make one order for the 8 items that were in stock (which inclded me changing a few items to the next model up...£££...due to the items i had selected being out of stock almost permenantly), then make a second order for the remaining items so that when they do come into stock (2 weeks after the stated time), they will finally be shipped. YES punters, this means you have to pay for shipping twice...why???? Well i can only guess that it is because the zoo gave permission for the managers (who double as monkeys over the weekend) to have a meeting where it was decided that putting their customers through this SHIT would be a profitable move?????

Second thing to PISS me off about eBuyer:
What happens in the very likely event that one of your items is not what you ordered/damaged/completely obliterated??? Well, welcome to the eBuyer Returns Policy....again, it seems as though the monkeys were let out of the zoo in order to come up with this policy....which really can be described as nothing other than a joke. The first thing about this policy that caught my eye was that the CUSTOMER is responsible for paying for the shipping of any returns...thats right folks, its thier fault that your product is not what you ordered, or that your CPU chip looks like a jigsaw puzzle, but you will still be expected to pay for it to be returned to them (or whats left of it at least). My second gripe with eBuyers Return policy.....well, a quote from their site should help here...

"A. In certain cases, manufacturers provide support direct to end users. They do this for many reasons, the main one is that they would like to ensure that their customers receive the best possible support on their products. If we refer you to a manufacturer your RMA will invariably be dealt with a lot quicker."

Another way of wrinting this would be....

"A. We are far to incompetent to be able to deal with your questions about this return, therefore, we will fobb you off at any chance we get by sending you to the manufacturer....no doubt, they will send you back to us, as really, it is our responsibility to deal with the fact that Dave in our shipping department accidentally drove over your motherboard in his fork lift truck...rest assured though, we will send you right back to the manufacturer. If you would like to talk to us about this issue, please dont hesitate to call our customer support department where Dave (YES, thats the same dave who works in shipping) will be alone in the office all day ready to recieve your 5000 calls...beacuse of this serious staff shortage, please can we ask that you be patient. Also, Dave is quite partial to bananna's, so if you offer him a few, it may speed the process up slightly"

There are many more reasons why i will never purchase another item from eBuyer, but i fear that if i write much more, people won't read it...so, I'm done.

If you have any sense about you, DO NOT BUY ANYTING FROM EBUYER.COM... THEY DO NOT DESERVE YOUR BUSINESS!!!

Pile

Reaction score
Ebuyer should be stopped from trading on the WWW

Purchased a scanner £252.55 and paid extra to have it delivered on Saturday 31st January, waited in all day, no scanner. Posted notes on their website to cancel the order 6.30 Saturday evening, no reply, posted a note again on Sunday and Monday, no reply. I needed this scanner urgently (as I work for myself) to carry out some work. I had to go and purchase another from PCWorld. The scanner from eBuyer.co.uk turned up late Tuesday morning, delivery person dummped the scanner in the hallway of the flats where I live without letting me know, after an hour of trying to get the carrier to come back and pick it up they did so, I signed to say they had picked it up. It has been over a week and ebuyer have still not reimbursed me, they are impossible to get hold of, they still dont answer emails or their phone (so called customer help line). I dont make a great deal of money and this has knocked me back considerably. I have tried to email their USA side but have heard nothing as yet. I have now filled a Trading Standards complaint against them.

Ask a Question