Old CCL Computers Comments

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
CCL stock some good kit I found that delivery times could vary. They do not guarantee “Next Day” although it costs you extra. :sad:

On the whole, a very good selection of equipment.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Mucks put me on to these people. Very competitively priced, almost trade prices.

Ordered twice from them, no probs with orders. What I really like about them is they're very contactable, easy to speak to somebody on the phone.

I actually received a faulty Hercules Muse soundcard from them, OEM sealed, but they replaced it within five days, no questions asked.

Contrary to what Mucks has said, I found their range a little limited but as mentioned above what they do have is well priced.

Reaction score
AVOID CCL Computers, Tong.

Whilst some things are reasonably priced, its when things go wrong that you will not want to deal with these people. To keep it brief, I had returned a DVD+RW drive and the replacement went faulty as well. I had to argue like hell to get my money back, and even then not all of it (minus £60). I requested replacement media for those damaged and they refused. They reckoned to call Trading Standards and said I had no case. I went round to the WYTS office and spoke in person to the guy, he said the content of the call made no mention of me requesting damages. I wrote twice and used recorded delivery to request damages from CCL's director J Woods. I have had no response after 6 weeks. We are talking about 69 pence DVD blank media. They have no respect for your future business, it's merely get the money in the till while you can. There are many retailers to choose from, and I would go for quality of service rather than save a few quid at the outset, because it always costs you more in the long run. I found ebuyer.com much cheaper than CCL, and very friendly to deal with, goods when promised, and they answer all queries. Others can do it, CCL couldnt care less. AVOID CCL COMPUTERS - you'll pay more in the long run and waste time chasing their complete rudeness and failure to have the courtesy to respond to your communications.

Reaction score
ccl

Competitive pricing and a good range, but they spoil the ship for a h'aporth of tar. The packaging is way under par and your expensive kit comes in its original packaging and thrown into a plastic delivery bag. The punishment it gets must be unbelievable.

Reaction score
Cannot recommend CCL Computers Bradford

When I went in, someone was getting a rough deal from one of the "service" assistants. I wish I had turned around then and walked out.
I had to return a hard disk that was clearly second hand, already formatted with a copy of Windows XP corporate on it and loads of other software. I had to have a standing argument with them for nearly an hour, just like the poor sod I had seen a few days before.
Customer service stinks, and they dont have the decency to respond to correspondence so don't bother writing in - THEY DON'T GIVE A DAMN!

SAVE YOURSELF THE HASSLE AND BLOOD PRESSURE - DON'T BUY FROM CCL COMPUTERS TONG BRADFORD. The worst customer experience you will ever have!

Reaction score
Money taken for goods not in stock

Ordered Acer laptop, they extracted money from my credit card and then informed me laptop was discontinued.

They have advised my credit card will be refunded within 14 days - this is not acceptable! Cannot contact anyone by 'phone and calls not being returned.

Good Morning

Thank you for your email

Please accept my sincere apologies for not responding to your email sooner.

I have cancelled your order, and the money will be refunded back to your card. Depending on who you bank with this can take up to 14 working days to show back in your account.

Kind Regards

Tony Pasquariello

Retail & Trade Sales

Phone 01274 471201 Fax 01274 471280

Or e-mail me at (e-mail address removed) Or visit our website on
www.cclonline.com

-----Original Message-----

(e-mail address removed)]

Sent: 14 September 2005 16:38

To: CCL Computers Sales Department

Subject: Re: CCL Computers Ltd - Your Order - 586131

I have already emailed one of your colleagues to cancel this order.

Please call me on ****************
Michael,

Please cancel – you should not be refunding as you should not have deducted money from my credit card account until product was despatched. I think that’s the way credit cards are meant to operate!

If you have deducted money from my credit card account – please send a cheque at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Mike Conyers

Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2005 11:22 AM
To: (e-mail address removed)
Subject: Stock Issue on 586131
Importance: High

Thank you for placing your order with CCL Computers Ltd.

Unfortunately we are currently experiencing a stock issue with the following item you have ordered:

NOT1066 - Acer 1804WSMi. These laptops have been discontinued by the manufacturer unfortunately.

The closest Acer alternative is the 5514WLMi_256 (Acer code is LX.A770J.007) and are priced at £1020 plus VAT.

If you wish to order this model as an alternative please let me know and I will ask our purchasing department to order one for you.

Until we are able to resolve the above issue your order will not meet its scheduled despatch date.

If you would like to change the item on your order or remove it for a refund please reply to this email with the details and we will amend your order as required. (Details of our available products can be found on our website www.cclonline.com)

If you would prefer to discuss this matter with a member of our sales team, please contact them directly on 01274 471201.

Please accept our apologies for any delay or inconvenience you may have experienced in relation to this issue.

Michael Bennett

Retail / Trade Sales

Extension : 260

Direct Line : 01274 471201

CCL Computers Ltd, Inmoor Road, Off Cross Lane, Tong, West Yorkshire BD11 2PS

Web : www.cclonline.com

Cust. Services : 01274 471206

Tech. Support : 01274 471204

Sales : 01274 471201

Dealer : 01274 471202

Corporate : 01274 471203

Reaction score
CCL are a bunch of Liars and crooks

ordered an item on 26 Dec, which was shown as instock. Expected delivery Jan 4th. On the 6th I get email that item is out of stock and on order. They send it out on 13th when I was at work. Tried again next day. This time they left a calling card for me to arrange a new delivery. I arranged it for the Fri and took the day off work to be there. Item doesn't get delivered. I call delivery company to see what's going on. Turns out CCL have to approve the redelivery, and the courier company is waiting for them to call. I call CCL to tell them they what they need to do... and they say I have to pay for it again because they had already tried twice. I was home from the 26th to the 6th. If I had know they would take 3 weeks to send it then I would have given my work address to get it. Morons. I asked for a refund and the argumentative man said they can't refund the delivery costs. Month later and still no refund. Have now asked Visa to get my money back

Reaction score
Ccl Avoid

I would not recommend CCL to my worst enemy,I have found there service to be absolutely appalling,I returned a faulty computer over 3 months ago,and I have never heard a peep since,they do not answer the phone or emails and they do not respond to recorded letters.
How can a firm in this day and age get away this horrible service?
They take your money and then thats it they are not interested in good customer relations,they have my money and my computer.
Trading standards are on the case .
AVOID CCL AT ALL COSTS

Ask a Question