OL 2003 Cannot save a new task

Discussion in 'Microsoft Outlook Interoperability' started by Guest, May 12, 2005.

    Hi there,

    I have a problem with my tasks in Ol2003. I will create and save a new task
    and OL says following:

    "Please save the task order by clicking Save Task Order on the Actions menu
    in the "Tasks" folder. The viel must not be filtered or grouped for Save Task
    Order to be available. Could not complete the operation. One or more
    parameter values are not valid."

    I am using XP and OL2003 with Exchange 2000 and the option "cached Exchange
    Mode".
    I tried to create a new task-folder, copied all tasks to the new task folder
    and it worked. but I cannot delete the old task folder, which one the system
    created.
    is it a damaged task-foler-file on the exchange? in the db?
    how can I repair a task folder on an exchange 2000 server?

    thanks a lot
    rene

    Guest, May 12, 2005

  2. What happens if you choose Actions | Save Task Order as the prompt suggests?

    --
    Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
    Author of

    Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook], Jul 1, 2005

    abn

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I had a similar problem.

    I was unable to create new tasks in the default folder, however i was able to create a new subfolder and save all items there. This is far from optimal so i did some troubleshooting.

    Running the command "outlook.exe /resetfolders" worked much better.

    i was now able to save all the items i wanted in the default folder.

    abn, Aug 3, 2007