    --

    George Hester
    _________________________________

    George Hester, Oct 17, 2006

  2. "George Hester" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I signed into my Windows 2000 Server with a Domain User Account. While in
    > there I "run as" mplayer2.exe with the Domain Admin Account. When I chose
    > Open in mplayer2 it saw the Network drives that I would have seem if I had
    > been signed in as the Administrator. The Network drive I chose to open a
    > media file is not available in the Domain User Account I had signesd in

    as.
    > In any case in Windows Explorer I now have an O drive that cannot be
    > disconnected "Network not found" is the error message. Well I thought I
    > would just sign into the server with the Admin account and I find the O
    > drive Network Drive cannot be disconnected "Network not found." Believe

    it
    > or not when I select the drive it shows me a drive on a different machine

    in
    > my network namely the machine I had used to open the media file when I had
    > been signed in as a Domain User. Help! How do I get rid of this Ghost
    > Network Drive?
    >
    > --
    >
    > George Hester
    > _________________________________

    From a Command Prompt run these commands:
    net use * /del
    net use /persistent:no

    Now reboot your machine to clear past connections.

    Pegasus \(MVP\), Oct 17, 2006

  3. Yikes! net use */del resulted in:

    System error 67 has occurred.
    The network name cannot be found.

    OK the next one completed successfully. Shutting down. Thanks Pegasus hope
    it works. Back in a few.

    --

    George Hester
    _________________________________

    George Hester, Oct 17, 2006
  4. George Hester

    Dave Patrick Guest

    Note that there's a space between * and /

    --

    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    Dave Patrick, Oct 17, 2006
  5. Oops. Thanks all its gone. Not a smart thing to do on a Domain Server
    since the fix for this requires a reboot.

    --

    George Hester
    _________________________________

    George Hester, Oct 17, 2006
  6. As Dave Patrick says, you omitted a space. It may be useful
    to make you aware of some general rules when issuing commands
    from the command prompt. A command consists of these elements:

    - The command itself. If it contains embedded spaces then it
    must be surrounded by double quotes:
    "c:\program files\microsoft office\office11\winword.exe"

    - The parameters. They must separated from each other and from
    the command with a suitable delimiter, usually a space:

    net.exe use * /del (4 parameters!)

    You broke the second rule.

    Pegasus \(MVP\), Oct 17, 2006