Offline files and redirected folders

G

I've encountered a problem on several computers regarding offline folders, and I can't seem to resolve it. This problem occurrs when a domain user is set up with their My Documents folder redirected to a network share, which in turn starts synchronization for that folder. When the user leaves the company, their account is usually deleted about a month later. Another user at some point starts using the computer, and complains about synchronization errors while logging off. It is at this point I realize I can't log back into the computer under the deleted domain account to undo the redirection, so that I can uncheck "Make Available Offline" for that folder. The best I can do is uncheck the folder in the synchronization setup so that it won't try to synchronize, but the folder stays listed there FOREVER.

G

Hello Keit

You must clear the offline cache. As the files are cached to the local hard disk Windows will try to synchronize the files even though you change the policy
You can use Start - Programs - Accessories - System Tools - Disk cleanup - Offline files or
you can use Windows explorer, Tools, Folder options, Offline files, press Ctrl+Shift and click the Delete files button and answer Yes to clear the offline cache o
in Windows Explorer - Tools, Synchronize - Properties, simply delete the files belonging to the 'old' user.

One of the alternatives should wor

Ask a Question