Office 2007 Trial

Reaction score
I am using Windows 7. The laptop came with Microsoft Works and a 60 day trial of Office 2007. I opened a Word 2003 doc (from my memory stick) and it automatically opened in Word 2007 in compatibility mode. Does this mean I have begun my 60 day trial of Office 2007? It asked for a product key but said I didn't have to enter one and opened anyway. I am happy to go on using Word 2007 with only the old features to edit 2003 docs and save them as 2003 if it will allow me to do so. My previous laptop, which also had a trial, claimed it would only open 20 times. Do I have the same issue here? (The old one had Office 2003 so I never had to use the trial). Look forward to hearing from other users.

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I haven't got a clue but you can bet your bottom dollar Word 2007 will cease to operate in 30 days time unless you pay for it.

Either cough up for Microsoft's bloatware or uninstall all of MS Office and install Open Office which is free and recognises Word and Excel files from any version of MS Office.

Reaction score
Can save in previous fomats

You can set the default to save in Word 97-2003 format by clicking on the office button, go to word options, save tab, save files in this format option. Sometimes if you use newer options in 2007, a message will appear that you will lose some stuff that is not available in older versions. Also, you can download an add-on from Microsoft to view 2007 docs in older versions of Word. Office assistant gone in 2007.:(

Reaction score
There are some add-ins can help you connect Word 2007 and the earlier version. Now I use MS office 2007 and feel very good

Ask a Question