Windows XP Office 2000 Prof asking for data1.msi

Reaction score
I'm at the end of my teather with this so I'm starting to post on forums. If anybody can help then you will save me from getting a major rollocking at work.
I've built a new desktop image at work. We have a copy of Office 2000 Prof on our local server and I installed it from that location. I selected custom install and made sure that everything was installed to the hard drive. Everything. Nothing installed on first use or anything like that.
Tested the new image....fine. All worked dandy. I'm starting to get calls now that when this image has been sent out to some of our sites (some of which have a poxy 128k connection) and a new user signs on with their id, and they try and go into an Office app for the first time, it's asking for the data1.msi file from the location on the server it was installed from.
?????
This happens everytime a new user logs on. If I were to log on with the admin id I installed it under I don't get the message. It's not an admin issue because if I sign in with a different admin id the message comes up.
What's the score? And why do MS make everything so bleeding difficult?
Any help would be greatly aprreciated because I've got a load of IT idiots (you know the ones, the ones that love to see someone make a mistake because it gives them a cheap sense of superiority) after my blood.

Ask a Question