    None;Password="";Collating Sequence=MACHINE

    Many thankx in advance.
    -JS

    DevourU, Aug 25, 2008

  2. As far as I'm aware, it's not possible to use OleDb to create a linked table
    or a pass-through query.

    It's only possible when creating a recordset in VBA.

    --
    Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
    http://I.Am/DougSteele

    Douglas J. Steele, Aug 25, 2008

  3. DevourU

    DevourU Guest

    Thankx for your reply. If I were to Import data in Excel, I can select MS
    Data Link (UDL file). This works fine. Is there UDL path to provide similar
    results in Access? TIA

    -JS

    DevourU, Aug 25, 2008
  4. DevourU

    DevourU Guest

    How 'bout this: I have a new mdb database. Start a new query. Go to
    properties. I have 2 choices, Source Database and Source Connect Str. How
    can I use a UDL file or connect string to work with VFoxPro data? Noob
    problems? :)

    -JS

    DevourU, Aug 25, 2008
  5. As I already said, I don't believe it's possible.

    While you can programmatically set the Connect property of a TableDef (or
    QueryDef) object, as far as I'm aware Access will not access OleDb
    connection strings, only ODBC ones.

    Douglas J. Steele, Aug 25, 2008
  6. DevourU

    Jason Guest

    DevourU,

    Have you been able to find a solution or a work arround for this? I'm having
    the exact same problem and I'm stuck. If you cracked it, please post the
    solution.

    Thanks,

    Jason

    Jason, Aug 28, 2008