    access the tables with the same ID using a different
    tool. Only in Access am I limited to viewing just the
    one table. Any suggestions would be greatly appeciated.

    Jeffrey Bedell, Oct 3, 2003

  2. Jeffrey Bedell

    Joe Fallon Guest

    One user noted this: (unverified)
    The list box that displays the objects that can be linked has a limit of
    64,000
    characters. In my case, the database contains 19,000 tables and 15,000
    views, so I quickly exceeded that limit. I resolved the problem by
    creating a role in SQL
    Server that has access to a limited set of tables \ views.
    I assigned a user id to the role and then used the user id in my DSN.
    --
    Joe Fallon

    Joe Fallon, Oct 4, 2003