OCZ or Kingston Hyper X

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Which do you perfer or feel is the best? right now im stuck between them:blush:
Im getting a Gig of PC 3200, between the two.
the OCZ is the Performance series rev.3 (2x512)
and Kingston is the Hyper X series. (1 gig stick)
also does having more RAM increase Framerate in games?:confused:

This is going to take a good amount of money... and my purchase rest on all of your shoulders! Please help Me!!:thumb:

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Which one gives you a "lifetime warrantee" ... ;)

Hasn't 'frame rate' got something to do with the speed/mem of the graphics card, monitor & CPU ... and your eyes. :D

:thumb:

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Alf said:
Which do you perfer or feel is the best? right now im stuck between them:blush:
Im getting a Gig of PC 3200, between the two.
the OCZ is the Performance series rev.3 (2x512)
and Kingston is the Hyper X series. (1 gig stick)
also does having more RAM increase Framerate in games?:confused:

This is going to take a good amount of money... and my purchase rest on all of your shoulders! Please help Me!!:thumb:

If your board supports dual channel mode, then theres no competition, the 2 sticks of OCZ. If your board doesnt support dual channel mode, then its probably down to price, there both highly rated manafacturers.

If your moving from 512mb to 1gig you will definatly notice an improvement in FPS on every game you own. I was able to raise the resolution on Far Cry from 800x600 to 1024x768 and change the detail all to hihg when I got my memory upgrade to 1gig. You'll also have a noticable difference in day to day running of your computer, start up time, opening folders, programs etc etc. Though thats not as noticable as the in game performance ;).

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
i once had a gig, but sold a 512 cause is was a slower speed. I really noticed a diffrence after that :(
Thier both priced nearly the same, about $230. the kingston is a 1 Gig stick while the OCZ is 512x2.
im leaning for Kingston, but not sure.

Reaction score
From what Ive been told, Kingston is a fairly decent product. I myself am looking for a bit more ram, sadly only pc2700. But I agree with Reefsmoka, does your computer have dual channel support, and what is your max Ram support. If your max is 1gig then just get the single 512 card, and if its dual than the 2x512 is definatley the way to go. As far as frame rate in games, yes ram helps a little, but your really only going to notice the difference if your computer/game can actually use that much memory, otherwise I'm going to say processor and video card are going to make the biggest differences. Being as you all are in the UK and I the US I can't really recomend a place to purchase memory. I hope I shine some light, or at least support previous opinions.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
my motherboard can hold up to 3 Gigs, but i dont have dual channel. so should i go with Kingston?
also Raje, im from the US too :)

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
ARRGGHH!!! Just went to circuit city and got the advertised Kingston 1Gig... Until i opened it and saw that it was ONLY FREAKIN 512MB!!! ARRGGHH IM REALLY PISSED OFF!!! :mad:
well anyways im going to take it back and grab some OCZ at PCclub. :)

Reaction score
Hahahahaha that sucks lol.... never had that happen before doesnt it say on the box and hows that pc club never heard of it is it a local place im in Flroida heard of the over priced circuit city though Go to Newegg.com Everyhting alot cheaper try them thats where ive bought all my stuff and you can catch them on good days and get free shippin. my memory is only $184.00 us sooo take a look at it and mines some of the best ive heard.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
i wanted to get some stuff off newegg but never got around to it, Pcclub is a sorta natinal thing, they have some pretty resonable prices too!

Reaction score
yea i have about $1,200 buck through them!!!! pretty good but i got some beef with fedex it was in orlando next to me then they sent it to texas what the hell lol

Reaction score
well wednesday but the tracking number is odd says it was herein orlando then it left for texas and its sitting there lol i dunno by amd and cables and blue glowy mouse pads left texas awhile ago.

Saga continues :D and my package (tracking number lookup) says 2 day service when i have normal so kinda oddddd.

Ask a Question