O2003 - Custom Form - Adding Category Button

Discussion in 'Microsoft Outlook Form Programming' started by srm, Dec 9, 2009.

  1. srm

    srm Guest

    I'm using O2003 and created a custom task form. I want to have access
    to my master Category list like I do on the main task form.

    I created a command button and used "cmdCategories" in the name field
    entered the code below. When I try to use the button, I get an invalid
    procedure or call in the "Set cmd" line.

    Sub cmdCategories_Click()
    Set ai = Item.Application.ActiveInspector
    Set mb = ai.CommandBars.Item("Menu Bar")
    Set cmd = mb.Controls("Edit").Controls("Categories...")
    cmd.Execute
    End Sub

    Any suggestions would be appreciated?

    Shawn

    srm, Dec 9, 2009

  2. Use the TaskItem.ShowCategoriesDialog method:

    Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

    Sue Mosher [MVP], Dec 9, 2009

  3. srm

    srm Guest

    On Dec 9, 9:07 am, "Sue Mosher [MVP]" <> wrote:
    > Use the TaskItem.ShowCategoriesDialog method:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa210294.aspx
    >
    > --
    > Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
    >    Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming:
    >      Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators
    >    http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54
    >
    > "srm" <> wrote in message

    > > I'm using O2003 and created a custom task form. I want to have access
    > > to my master Category list like I do on the main task form.

    > > I created a command button and used "cmdCategories" in the name field
    > > entered the code below. When I try to use the button, I get an invalid
    > > procedure or call in the "Set cmd" line.

    > > Sub cmdCategories_Click()
    > >   Set ai = Item.Application.ActiveInspector
    > >   Set mb = ai.CommandBars.Item("Menu Bar")
    > >   Set cmd = mb.Controls("Edit").Controls("Categories...")
    > >   cmd.Execute
    > > End Sub

    > > Any suggestions would be appreciated?

    > > Shawn