( O T ) Microsoft Security Bulletin MS10-046 | Vulnerability in Windows Shell Could Allow Remote Cod

robinb

thanks randy
been there done that
btw a reboot is required once it installs
and it is for all OS's
robin

Randy Knobloch

robinb said:
thanks randy
been there done that
btw a reboot is required once it installs
and it is for all OS's

Yup to all that you wrote, Robin

The post was to benefit some that have commented of late that this sort of information has
been missing from here - I will endeavour to do so.

gene

Yup to all that you wrote, Robin

The post was to benefit some that have commented of late that this
sort of information has been missing from here - I will endeavour to
do so.

I thank you too.

Gene

gene

Cheers, Gene - thanks !

This is beginning to feel like one of those movies of late, where we are
the few remaining, continuing to work amidst the devastation.

Gene

Randy Knobloch

This is beginning to feel like one of those movies of late, where we are
the few remaining, continuing to work amidst the devastation.

We're post apocalyptic news :)

Bill Sanderson

In a sense, this is right--NNTP is fading fast.

OTOH, there are very active forums that have taken on the load from NNTP for
products like Small Business Server, for example, and the Communities Forum
NNTP bridge and the Microsoft NNTP bridge allow users to continue to use
their well-worn NNTP software to access the forums from a familiar
interface.