nuisance mobile calls from Ghana +233

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
They're not new, but boy, this 'girl' is really persistent.

I made the mistake of answering a call, from a person I didn't know, from a number I didn't know ... the texts, from two different people, fallowed quickly after. Actually, not sure if I had ignored the initial call that the calls would have stooped instantly.

The begging sob story hasn't started yet, mainly because I've just been ignoring the calls now.

The best O2 can do is, block ALL international calls, err, pardon ... all international calls ... yep, ALL international call, or I can change my phone number. :rolleyes: that, is taking the mick!

Oh, and don't bother the police, they have better things to do, like catching criminals. :lol:

Well, now I know what my phone's ring tones are like. Need to get better ringtones, these on the Nexus are pretty dull.

:user:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I've had similar in the past.

Every time I saw their number on the display I just ignored it. They stopped ringing after a day or two. :)

Pal of mine had the same problem. If he got the call early in the day he would answer, say nothing and then leave the phone off the cradle for the rest of the day while he went out. They soon stopped. :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I think you can block specific numbers on Android handsets (at least on the Samsung series that I've seen), assuming they ring from the same number each time?

muckshifter

Reaction score
Ian, I've looked, but cannot see any way to block any numbers ... if you have it on a Samsung, tell us how, it may be specific to them?

none today, yet! :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
The stock Kitkat dialer should have a call blocking feature built in. You're running 4.4?

Most of the skinned versions from the likes of Samsung, Sony, HTC etc use the same features, just change the look of it.

If not them you could look for an alternative dialer app in the play store, like Dialer One or EX.

Reaction score
If I don't recognise the number & location on my mobile I do not answer it!
And surprisingly they don't leave a message, simples!:thumb:

muckshifter

Reaction score
yes, it's kittykaytt 44

OK, I found "block" in People & Options under the three dot options menu ... it's a bit like "free" & "unlimited" ... the word "block" does NOT block the caller. It merely archives the text, so you don't get the notifications. :rolleyes: :lol:

Is probably in a similar on the Samsung, but I have factory reset that in prep for handing it over, and setting it up, for my sister. :)

ah here you go ...

Google kittykaytt, please note!

Still no more annoyances today, so I think they have moved on to some one more caring. :fool:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Looks like you got to it before I could reply - hope that does the trick :D.

Reaction score
i think you should search for the best application for blocking calls which will allow many features...