NTLDR is missing. ATTENTION with ACCESS DENIED MESSAGE.

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 2000' started by Guest, Jan 18, 2005.

    URGENT URGENT !!!

    Thanks for replies but remember that i already read all of suggestions writen
    in this newsgroup and in MS knowledgebase.

    I have Windows 2000 server Standard Edition.
    Something happened but I do not know what.
    The message "NTLDR is missing" appeared during booting.

    I did all what is suggested in article Q318728 and in its related links.

    The problem is when I execute, as indicated in 318728 Method 2,
    copy D:\i386\ntldr C:\ and
    copy D:\i386\ntdetect.com C:\
    from the Recovery Console, where D is Windows 2000 server distribution
    CDROM. drive
    I receive ACCESS DENIED messagge.

    I don'nt know what to do.

    HELP HELP HELP

    --
    I HOPE to have a help from MS.

    Guest, Jan 18, 2005

  2. "Vittorio-DPE" <> wrote in message
    > URGENT URGENT !!!
    >
    > Thanks for replies but remember that i already read all of suggestions

    writen
    > in this newsgroup and in MS knowledgebase.
    >
    > I have Windows 2000 server Standard Edition.
    > Something happened but I do not know what.
    > The message "NTLDR is missing" appeared during booting.
    >
    > I did all what is suggested in article Q318728 and in its related links.
    >
    > The problem is when I execute, as indicated in 318728 Method 2,
    > copy D:\i386\ntldr C:\ and
    > copy D:\i386\ntdetect.com C:\
    > from the Recovery Console, where D is Windows 2000 server distribution
    > CDROM. drive
    > I receive ACCESS DENIED messagge.
    >
    > I don'nt know what to do.
    >
    > HELP HELP HELP
    >
    > --
    > I HOPE to have a help from MS.

    First, let's get rid of a couple of misconceptions:
    - Unless you tell us what you have tried so far (other than follow
    Q318728), we don't know. This is a busy newsgroup and
    respondents cannot keep track of every thread.
    - While this group is hosted by MS, its contributors are
    mostly volunteers and are not associated with MS.

    Now to your problem: I suggest you start by manufacturing
    a Win2000 boot disk like so:
    - Format a floppy disk on some Win2000/XP PC.
    Don't do it on a Win9x PC - it won't work.
    - Copy these files from the \i386 folder of your Win2000 CD
    to A:\
    ntldr
    ntdetect.com
    - Create a file a:\boot.ini with these lines
    [Boot Loader]
    Timeout=3
    Default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT
    [Operating Systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Microsoft Windows 2000 Server"
    /fastdetect
    - Boot the machine with this floppy

    What do you get?

    Pegasus \(MVP\), Jan 18, 2005

    Hi Pegasus,

    Thanks for your replay.
    I did already what you suggested (Method 1 in 318728).

    I got the following:

    The system boot regularly using ntldr,ntdetect.com and boot.ini from floppy
    We reach the Windows 2000 server colored screen indicating progress of
    booting.
    At the end of the progress booting bar the system clears the screen writing:
    First I'll write it in italian: "Il programma di installazione sarà
    riavviato" .
    Translation in english "The install programm will restart".

    The system is in hang state.

    Pegasus please help me.

    Guest, Jan 18, 2005
  4. The key to your problem lies in the message "The installation
    program will now restart". You're not installing anything; you're
    trying to start Windows. I think that something has gone badly
    wrong with your server. If it was my server then i would restore
    it to the most recent image snapshot. I create one of these once
    every six months.

    I assume that you have tried pressing F8 during the early boot
    phase so that you can boot into the "Last known good configuration".

    Pegasus \(MVP\), Jan 18, 2005