Novatech Ltd.

Reaction score
Can I highly recommend this excellent company.
http://www.novatech.co.uk/

They supply IT technology to a very high standard, at reasonable prices with a faultless customer service.

The fact that they consistently perform well against their nearest rivals, in the Which magazine rankings, speaks volumes - especially in terms of the quality of their products and customer support.

:thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Aye, they're good, as many forum members here will confirm.

One thing though - if you're buying your Windows OS from them, insist on a Windows disk, otherwise they'll install Windows themselves and when you lose Windows for whatever reason, that's it, you're stuck if you want to do a fresh install.

Admittedly you'll have a valid activation code but without the actual software that's not much comfort.

Anyhow, that one small chink in their armour shouldn't put anybody off, their service is good and their prices competitive.

Reaction score
The other thing I like about them is, being partially deaf myself, they are extremely Deaf (and disabled) friendly and would recommend this company to all disabled customers. :thumb:

They bent over backwards to help me and were very aware of my problems, without being condescending or superior in anyway either.

Anyone on Facebook? Please like their page

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Hmm, mayhap a plug too far....

This company's main branch is in Hampshire and therefore it follows most of their employees will reside in that county as well.

Ok, they're good, but that's quite enough thank you :)

Reaction score
Hmm, mayhap a plug too far....

This company's main branch is in Hampshire and therefore it follows most of their employees will reside in that county as well.

Ok, they're good, but that's quite enough thank you :)

I am not an employee and never have been. I am a retired MoD boffin and proud of it (Royal Aerospace Establishment Farnborough) So there! lol :)

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
aye, they are good ... but ... I still cant use my Card on their website 'cos my name will not fit on their form, so, I have to ring them. Tisk! such an inconvenience. :rolleyes:

:user:

Reaction score
My Novatech PC has done good service over the last 4.5yrs.
Much better than *esh ever where!!
If you make good pc's, have good reliability & support then you will do well.

Reaction score
:)Yep I rate them, have bought bits and pieces from them and a bare bones PC for the wife about 2 years ago and it does everything she wants to do. All I had to do was put in RAM (spares I had 4gig), hard drive (a spare I had) and Windows 7 great value:thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Experienced a problem with Novatech this week, here's a brief resume.

Ordered a pair of hard disks on Tuesday, chose next day delivery for £5.99. Late afternoon received email from Novatech informing me my order has been dispatched.

Wednesday morning 8am receive text from Parcel Force informing me my parcel from Novatech will be delivered today. Stayed home until 19:00 hours - no delivery and no calling card.

Thursday used Parcel Force tracking number to check my delivery status and I see that parcel Force have it listed as attempted and failed delivery. Parcel Force, or at least their driver, I feel, are being less than honest.

I phone Novatech and a very helpful lady chases up the problem and phones me back 30 minutes later. As I am going to be out for a few hours midday she has arranged for Parcel Force to leave it at my local Post Office around 16:30. She has also refunded me my £5.99 next day delivery money. So, although I'm cheesed off at yesterday's non-delivery, I am glad the problem appears to be sorted.

14:00 hours, I'm still not home, receive a text saying Parcel Force will deliver my parcel in aprox 90 minutes. Oh, great. Maybe they mean to the Post Office? I hope so.

15:15 I arrive home.

15:30 Parcel Force deliver my parcel from Novatech to my home. It's the usual guy and I explain the previous sequence of events to him. He replies that he knew nothing of this, the parcel was loaded onto his van in the morning and he's just delivering it.

So, all's well that ends well I suppose but I'm very disappointed in Parcel Force's incompetence.

Novatech, imo, should consider using an alternative delivery service.

I will say though that Novatech handled the problem impeccably and refunded me my delivery fee. It made me realise the importance of being able to converse with a real human being at a suppliers who seemed sympathetic to my plight. In view of this, Novatech will remain on my approved supplier's list although tbh I'm a little wary of them if they continue to use Parcel Force.

I will also and finally add, in fairness, that Parcel Force in this area have mostly been quite good in the past, maybe, hopefully, this was a one-off glitch.

Reaction score
Novatech look after their customers well that's why they are still good at what they do.
Never had a problem with them over the last 6 years.

Reaction score
Anyone experienced RMA's and that level of service and care to shed some light?

2nd company you have looked at have you got a hidden agenda with them you would like to share with us all or are you just stirring the pot to see what comes out?

Reaction score
2nd company you have looked at have you got a hidden agenda with them you would like to share with us all or are you just stirring the pot to see what comes out?
Maybe more of the latter but don't be too defensive I didn't say share bad RMA experiences, if I am to use a service in future I want to know the ins and outs when stuff goes wrong....their prices seem quite reasonable, but retailers are hard to measure on simple selling practices as I have come to learn.

Ask a Question