    setup doesn't seem to have any effect.

    Thanks in advance,
    Paul

    Lean_Professional, Sep 11, 2009

  2. Lean_Professional

    John Wilson Guest

    The settings come from the paper size set in your default printer options I
    think.
    --
    john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk

    Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials
    PPTLive Atlanta Oct 11-14 2009

    John Wilson, Sep 11, 2009

  3. Lean_Professional

    Keith Guest

    Re: notes page-page setup

    I've been racking my brain on this one also. I understand PPT cannot set
    margins for printing, and know about the "scale to fit" page option.

    My question - how is it that different PPTs with the same slide master end
    up with different sized layouts? I have 2 PPTs open, one is 8" x 10.5", the
    second is 7.75" x 10", and the third is 7.85" x 10.2"

    I'm trying to replicate a Notes Master to the different PPTs, but research
    has suggested cut/paste is the only option. It's hard to cut/paste when the
    layout is not the same size.

    Any suggestions?

    Keith, Dec 31, 2009
  4. Lean_Professional

    Keith Guest

    Re: notes page-page setup

    Thanx for the quick reply, Steve; my bad on the communication. The different
    sizes are for the notes master. The sizes below are showing for the total
    space available for placing items on the notes master - the notes master
    "blank page size" if you will.

    Does that change your answer which appears to be directed at the size of the
    actual slide?

    Keith

    Keith, Jan 2, 2010
  5. Lean_Professional

    Keith Guest

    Re: notes page-page setup

    Steve,

    Sorry for the delay in responding; we were busy with deliverables on another
    project. Now, we're back to this one.

    I researched your last posting and tried it unsuccessfully. It was then I
    realized the confusion I might have created.

    We have a project comprised of almost 30 different PPT "lessons;" each
    lesson is a standalone unit. The notes within each standalone unit (i.e. PPT
    file) are all consistent, i.e. the Notes Master is properly applied to each
    slide within the PPT file.

    What is occurring, however, is that there is a difference in Notes Master
    margins from lesson to lesson (i.e. from one PPT file to the next). This
    creates a noticeable size difference when the lessons (i.e. the Notes from
    each PPT file) are combined into one document. All PPT files are using the
    4:3 slide size format, but the margins in the Notes Master of the different
    PPT files varies by about 0.5 inches on each side of the Notes page.

    Is there a way to ensure consistency across the Notes Master of these 30
    different PPT files? Or do I have to design the Notes Master layout around
    the "lowest common denominator" of available size and then just center the
    layout on the PPT files with the larger available Notes Master margins?

    I'll look forward to your reply.

    Thanx. Keith

    Keith, Jan 12, 2010
  6. Lean_Professional

    Keith Guest

    Re: notes page-page setup

    Sorry for the confusion, Steve.

    Actually, a better way of saying it is that the Notes Master in one PPT file
    might have an editable width of 7.5" while in a comparable file (same slide
    master) the editable width might be 7". So there would be a 0.5 " difference
    for any Notes Master template that I built. Ditto on the height.

    Keith, Jan 13, 2010
  7. Lean_Professional

    Keith Guest

    Re: notes page-page setup

    I'll give it a shot and post back, Steve; extreme geekage not a problem as
    I've done my share of reg hacks and system builds over the years. Not my
    favorite activity :), but one I'm comfortable with.

    Thanx again for the continued help; you're a God-send.

    Keith

    Keith, Jan 14, 2010
  8. Lean_Professional

    Keith Guest

    Re: notes page-page setup

    You're AWESOME, Steve. Even though Script Editor is not available in PPT
    2007, I was able to do the HTML back-and-forth and make it work. With
    production-level stuff, I think I'll use PPT XP to open the files (they're in
    PPT format for backward compatibility).

    Thanx so much for hanging with me over the last couple of weeks; I think you
    just saved us about 3 days production time on this project.

    Make it a great 2010.

    Keith

    Keith, Jan 15, 2010