Windows Vista ... not another Vista article!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Excellent guide Mucks :thumb:

I shall take some time to read and apply when I have a little more time, possibly later today.

I will say though that the article's opening paragraph makes them every bit as biased and opinionated as the writers of the articles they criticise.

It would be nice to see some unbiased features on Vista, I always try to be unbiased.

Talking of which, and I did mention this elsewhere on the forum recently - it occured to me the other day that whatever you think about Vista, it seems to be stable.

I installed the Home Premium 32 bit version in January of this year and so far (touch wood) not one glitch at all, no BSOD's, no random reboots, no unexplained shutdowns.

Which is worth mentioning, imo :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Good find Mucks :nod:

I enjoyed the authors reasoning behind the article... but even more that the #1 annoyance was changing folder views! ;) This has had me stumped for ages, but I'd never tried to look for a solution to stop the view resetting - but I'll give this reg key a go :thumb:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Interesting stuff. :thumb:

I was particularly pleased to see that the occasional freeze-up in Windows Photo Gallery is not unusual. It has happened to me a few times, yesterday evening being the last time. :)

Reaction score
Please don't let the forums degrade VISTA just to boost Win7. There are many of us private users out here who will be saticking with VISTA for a long time yet.

David

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
davidgchapman said:
Please don't let the forums degrade VISTA just to boost Win7. There are many of us private users out here who will be saticking with VISTA for a long time yet.

David

Forums don't degrade operating systems, individual members pass comments on them, there's a difference.

I think you'll find that the majority of opinions given here are honest even if some members' comments may be causing you distress.

It's a tough old world eh?

And welcome to the Forum David :)

Reaction score
Let's be nice to VISTA!

Hi

Point taken!

But, I have found a tendency in other forums at other sites to run-down VISTA - and I remember the same thing happening to XP once VISTA came in and settled down. I hoped it wasn't going to be a feature here.

Mind you, in the early months VISTA did deserve most of the mud that got thrown at it ! And I don't deny VISTA is unlikely to become as reliable a workhorse as XP. But a lot of us use it, have queries about its features, and are likely to hang onto it for some time while personal budgets are tight.

So, lets be nice to VISTA, guys!

David

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Vista was/is a bad OS. Fact. Its bloated and slow.

Win 7 is what Vista should have been. Fact.

Dont hate the player hate the game. :D

Ask a Question