    I know I should've started from scratch however I havn't used macro's before
    so it's alll a bit beyond me any suggestions would be appreciated
    Mel

    Guest, Aug 17, 2004

    fredg Guest

    On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 20:11:02 -0700, Mel wrote:

    > Hi from a newbie ! I have a single table database containing Stockparts and
    > there budgets as am not proficient with Access I had a look at the Sample
    > Northwind database on the Customer Phonelist Form there are alpha buttons
    > down the bottom that allow you to jump to all companys staring with M etc I
    > liked this feature so I went to the form copied the option group down the
    > bottom and pasted it on to my own form I then Imported the macro Customer
    > phone list from the Northwind database which contains the code to select M
    > etc. I only slightly modified this by changing [Companyname] Like "[AÀÁÂÃÄ]*"
    > in the where box to [Stockcode] Like "[AÀÁÂÃÄ]*" This worked perfectly much
    > to my suprise however for some reason the little message that says there are
    > no records for that letter does not come up on my form but does in Northwind
    > as I didn't change that part of the macro I'm a little confused on why not.
    > I know I should've started from scratch however I havn't used macro's before
    > so it's alll a bit beyond me any suggestions would be appreciated
    > Mel

    You may have inadvertently deleted the MsgBox macro or some how
    changed it.

    Check the Phone Book macro in design view.
    Down towards the bottom of the list you should find a MsgBox listed in
    the Action column. If not, recopy the Northwind macro.
    If the macro MsgBox is shown, then check the condition for it.
    It should read
    [RecordsetClone].[RecordCount]=0

    If that doesn't fix it, change the condition for just the MsgBox macro
    to:
    [CompanyName] Is Null

    Hope this has helped.
    --
    Fred
    Please only reply to this newsgroup.

    fredg, Aug 17, 2004

    "fredg" wrote:

    > You may have inadvertently deleted the MsgBox macro or some how
    > changed it.
    >
    > Check the Phone Book macro in design view.
    > Down towards the bottom of the list you should find a MsgBox listed in
    > the Action column. If not, recopy the Northwind macro.
    > If the macro MsgBox is shown, then check the condition for it.
    > It should read
    > [RecordsetClone].[RecordCount]=0
    >
    > If that doesn't fix it, change the condition for just the MsgBox macro
    > to:
    > [CompanyName] Is Null
    >
    > Hope this has helped.
    > --
    > Fred
    > Please only reply to this newsgroup.
    > I do not reply to personal email.

    Thanks for the imput fredg while your sugestion didn't solve my problem
    (proabably because I didn't apply it correctly) however it did make me
    realise what the problem was (the msg box was set to appear when
    currentrecord=0 however the record counter was showing 1 of 1 even when Null
    records where brought up) I have since fixed it and learnt a bit in the
    process
    Thanks for your time
    Mel

    Guest, Aug 18, 2004

    xxandra

    Joined:
    May 29, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    hey.. how did you solve this problem? were you able to solve it in a macro for access 2007 without recoding it in vba?

    xxandra, May 29, 2012