Non-consecutive page numbering

Discussion in 'Microsoft Word New Users' started by Diggy, Nov 20, 2003.

  1. Diggy

    Diggy Guest

    Is there a way to get non consecutive page numbering?

    Here's the situation. I have a five chapter document in English and I am
    translating it into Korean. Before the translation is complete, I need to
    submit it for some review.

    I have so far translated the Table of Contents as well as Chapters 1, 3, and
    4. In this partial translation, the absence of Chapter 2 means that, with
    normal consecutive page numbering, the Table of Contents does not accurately
    give page numbers for Chapters 3 and 4. I do not want to alter the page
    numbers on the table of contents (because I want the reviewer to understand
    the relative lengths of all the chapters as they should appear in the final,
    translated document).

    Is there a way to start page numbering for Chapter 3 at page number 34 (for
    example) without affecting the page numbering of the previous Chapter 1? (I
    need there to be a gap in the page numbers of about 23 pages for chapter 2.)

    --
    ICQ#

    Diggy, Nov 20, 2003

  2. Insert a section break between the two existing chapters and use Format Page
    Number to start the numbering in the new section at the appropriate number.

    --
    Suzanne S. Barnhill
    Microsoft MVP (Word)

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Nov 20, 2003