    the computer configuration is executed. I also switched this GPO to other
    OU's but the problem stays. What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks in advance

    Guest, Oct 12, 2006

  2. Hi,

    Stijn schrieb:
    > I have gpo's configured in serveral domains but in one domain no user
    > configuration settings are applied. When I use the RSoP I can see that the
    > computer settings are applied but the user configuration stays empty. I have
    > made settings in the computer and user configuration in one policy but only
    > the computer configuration is executed. I also switched this GPO to other
    > OU's but the problem stays. What am I doing wrong?

    There is no User objekt inside the OU, where the GPO is linked.

    Mark
    --
    Mark Heitbrink - MVP Windows Server - Group Policy

    Homepage: www.gruppenrichtlinien.de - deutsch
    Blog: gpupdate.spaces.live.com - english

    Mark Heitbrink [MVP], Oct 12, 2006

    Mark,
    Thanks for the fast reply. but my problem stays on a other GPO. I have made
    a registry setting using the policymaker registry extension (polreg.msi).
    I've put the key :
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation\DisableAutoDaylightTimeSet to 0. (this is the only setting in the GPO)
    In both domains I have a OU "AllComputers". In this OU I linked the GPO. In
    the first domain the GPO is executed in the other not. In the first domain I
    can see the GPO in the summary of the RSoP but I can't find the setting of
    the registry key in any of the RSoP. In the description of the policy
    registry extension however they say you should see the settings of the
    registrykey.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance

    Guest, Oct 12, 2006
  4. Hi,

    Stijn schrieb:
    > Thanks for the fast reply. but my problem stays on a other GPO. I have made
    > a registry setting using the policymaker registry extension (polreg.msi).

    Did you install the polreg.msi on the client pc?

    Mark

    Mark Heitbrink [MVP], Oct 12, 2006

    No,
    Polreg is installed on the server.

    Guest, Oct 12, 2006
  6. Stijn schrieb:
    > No,
    > Polreg is installed on the server.

    The Registry Entry that you define with Destopstandard is inside
    a XML File inside the SYSVOL.
    It is not written inside the "registry.pol" that MS is using to deploy
    registry entries.

    So, without the polreg.msi on the client, the client doesn´t know how
    to handle this XML. He is not able to understand this file, because
    of the missing client side extension.

    The polreg.msi is not only a possibillity to "edit" the GPO, it is
    aswell necessary to understand the setting. It is a CSE (clien side
    extension). Deploy it to all clients that should be effected.

    Mark

    Mark Heitbrink [MVP], Oct 13, 2006