    Help! CS4281 Crystal SoundFusion PCI card. XP says everything is fine!
    --
    If it disagees with experiment... it is wrong!

    Guest, Nov 18, 2006

    Elmo Guest

    Elmo, Nov 19, 2006

    I have been to all the IBM update sites. I've had them auto recognise my
    system, installes the updater and everything else they offered - still no
    use. It's especially infuriating that xp hardware manager sys it's all
    installed and working properly.
    The problem is that the Crystal Semiconductoe (now Cirrus) Crystal
    SoundFusion CS4281 sound device was meant to run on win98 on the T20. Mine
    was installed with win98se. However, the T20 was issued with xp installed,
    but I think with a diff chip, not the 4281. I was hoping that, as I upgraded,
    perhsaps there was some registry or other type of file that has to be
    unpacked from the update folder and actually installed in the right place.
    It may be there is not software sollution - I hope not.
    Thanks for the help anyway.
    Best wishes, David.

    Guest, Nov 19, 2006