    printer? Basically, I don't want any line truncation or printer control
    characters in my text stream. Or maybe there is another driver to install
    to do this?

    Mickey Ferguson, Aug 23, 2006

  2. About all you'll see for control codes would be carriage returns (0x0D),
    line feeds (0x0A), and form feeds (0x0C); form feeds probably wouldn't be
    sent either if the driver is set to "no page break". What exactly are you
    trying to do?

    Hal
    --
    Hal Hostetler, CPBE --

    Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I], Aug 23, 2006
  3. First, when my app prints to FILE:, which is using the generic / text
    driver, it ends up with margins. I want the raw text, with no extra line
    breaks.

    Second, it embeds the ^L (formfeed character) where it wants to put a page
    break. Again, I just want the straight text, with no modifications as if it
    was going to a real printer.

    Mickey Ferguson, Aug 23, 2006
  4. The problem is that a printer is going to have to be told when to do a
    carriage return and a line feed, so there's likely no printer driver to be
    found that won't include CR LF codes in the stream. The form feed part can
    be corrected by setting the drive to "No page break". You might be able to
    fix the left margin (a series of spaces) by setting it to zero. All in all,
    using the print function to get the kind of text output you want is not a
    good choice; all printers require formatting information and all printer
    drivers will therefore provide some form of that.

    Hal

    Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I], Aug 25, 2006