No Man's Sky

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Looks like No Man's Sky will be out next month! I'm super excited about this game, it looks incredible. For anyone who hasn't heard of it before, it's a game developed by a small team in the UK that allows you to explore an entire galaxy which is procedurally generated.

http://www.no-mans-sky.com/

Here's some gameplay:

Anyone else going to be getting this? It's VR compatible, which I imagine would be awesome!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Have seen this mentioned a few times elsewhere. Not sure its my cup of tea but will have a watch later. :)

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I'm really excited about this game. I think it'll be excellent in VR too (assuming we end up getting it for the PS4). The way I see it, if @Ian is allowed a 3D printer then I'm allowed some more gaming gadgets :D

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
2 minute review:

Seems like a bit of a mixed bag! I'm still really excited to try it :D

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
My most excellent brother bought No Man's Sky for me for my birthday! :thumb:

Had a brief go yesterday and like it so far... I'll report back with my thoughts once I've played more :cheers:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Says a lot!

I'm enjoying the exploration side of things, so I've been progressing towards the centre of the galaxy quite slowly. Haven't really had any issues with the game apart from it crashing once, but other than that it has been fine. However I can understand how most people would be disappointed... I guess because it was bought for me as a gift I can just enjoy it for what it is without being annoyed with how much it cost!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I'm still really intrigued by it, and would like to play it. Might pick it up when its a bit cheaper. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Green Man gaming are selling this for £18 until January so I just splashed out on it.

Haven't tried it yet, just hope I like it.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Green Man gaming are selling this for £18 until January so I just splashed out on it.

Haven't tried it yet, just hope I like it.

Ooh let us know what you think of it :nod: I found it's a good one to dip in and out of, but when I do play it I end up completely losing track of time.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Gave the game a half hour late yesterday evening and yes, very pleasant. Spent the time wandering about some red planet attempting to gather resources and repair spaceship during which time I nearly roasted to death from the planet's proximity to the (a) sun.

I can see this being a bit more-ish. Currently playing at 'normal' setting though I see there's a 'paintbox' mode where you can travel and craft to your hearts content without worrying too much about combat.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Gave the game a half hour late yesterday evening and yes, very pleasant. Spent the time wandering about some red planet attempting to gather resources and repair spaceship during which time I nearly roasted to death from the planet's proximity to the (a) sun.

I can see this being a bit more-ish. Currently playing at 'normal' setting though I see there's a 'paintbox' mode where you can travel and craft to your hearts content without worrying too much about combat.

I'm glad you're enjoying it! I think the game always starts you off on a hazardous planet just to get you used to all the things you need to do. I remember when I first started the game it took me a while to realise that I could recharge the environmental protection of my suit using those yellow plants - I kept hot-footing it back to my spaceship, which really slowed things down!

Ask a Question