NLB Server failed - Can't get AD active again.

G

I've been running 2 servers on a NLB cluster with AD (Win. 2000 Adv. Servers). One machine had failed, but before I realised it was a hardware problem, I simply re-installed the machine

After this I did all patches, and got the machine ready, adding all services, installed AD etc. After this I did a restore of the last system state backup I did

The server is still only active as member server / workstation. I cannot tell it to be a DC. Each time I try running AD related services etc. I get an error saying "Access denied" or "The target principal name is incorrect" . Another funny thing is that even though AD has been installed on the machine none of the AD options are listed under Administrative Tools. Under Network Identification on the My Computer Properties, it does say that the machine name cannot be changed becuase it's a DC, but for all practical reasons the machine does not function as a DC

Please help

Thanx in advance.

G

Nevermind...

Fixed it using : Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 288167

Thanx anyway.

Ask a Question