    did so, but still no luck. Apparently it is not the user name and password
    for Comcast. I tried the one for Hotmail, since I have WLM, but still no
    luck. I wonder if anyone here can help. Thanks.

    someone, Sep 13, 2010

  2. someone

    occam Guest

    On 13/09/2010 15:52, someone wrote:
    > I know this is not the right forum for this post, but the public MS
    > newsgroups are gone. I accessed the news.annexcafe.com, but when it
    > came time to download forums, I needed my username and password that my
    > ISP (Comcast) provided. I entered that unsuccessfully, so I called
    > Comcast for verification that I got it right. They asked me to change
    > my password. I did so, but still no luck. Apparently it is not the
    > user name and password for Comcast. I tried the one for Hotmail, since
    > I have WLM, but still no luck. I wonder if anyone here can help. Thanks.

    Instead of news.annexcafe.com, try also

    news.eternal-september.org

    occam, Sep 13, 2010

  3. someone

    Canadian Boy Guest

    "someone" wrote in message

    I know this is not the right forum for this post, but the public MS
    newsgroups are gone. I accessed the news.annexcafe.com, but when it came
    time to download forums, I needed my username and password that my ISP
    (Comcast) provided. I entered that unsuccessfully, so I called Comcast for
    verification that I got it right. They asked me to change my password. I
    did so, but still no luck. Apparently it is not the user name and password
    for Comcast. I tried the one for Hotmail, since I have WLM, but still no
    luck. I wonder if anyone here can help. Thanks.

    Hi,

    You have to sign up at Annex café.
    Here's all the info required:

    About the Annex Café
    http://www.annexcafe.com/about.cfm
    - fyi..see the notes about why there is an Annex Café

    Annex Café Member Signup
    http://annexcafe.com/accounts/signup.cfm

    Annex Café Terms of Service
    http://annexcafe.com/tos.cfm

    Here’s the link to instructions for setting up WLM for newsgroups:
    http://www.annexcafe.com/windowslivemail.cfm

    Newsgroup Server
    news.annexcafe.com

    Newsgroup Link

    --
    C.B.

    Canadian Boy, Sep 13, 2010
  4. someone

    someone Guest

    Thanks. I should have realized I had to sign up at Annex café, but what
    confused me is that some instructions I read said I had to use the user name
    and password my internet provider provided. I wish I hadn't changed my
    Comcast stuff, but I can change that back.

    someone, Sep 13, 2010