New PC Won't Boot Into BIOS

Reaction score
Me and my friend have recently built a PC as his son's christmas present, and after assembling all of the parts correctly, we found that the computer would not boot into BIOS and the monitor was not responding to it (although it did power up correctly with everything supposedly working fine).

After a long time trying we realised that we had not locked the CPU in place with the arm that you raise 90 degrees, which locks the socket in place. We fixed this, and then it booted into BIOS. We switched it off via the front switch and then got something to eat after hours of working on it.

We got back (after not changing ANYTHING), to find that the same problem was occuring as before, yet it had worked the time before we booted! We have still not solved this problem and until we do my friend's son's present is not ready.

Any help is appreciated as to why this problem is occuring, as we have no clue.

Thanks.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I wondered the same thing Flops. After reading the bit below it would sound like they dont have the heatsink in place, you cant leave the locking arm up and fit the HSF, its impossible.
k3n7 said:
After a long time trying we realised that we had not locked the CPU in place with the arm that you raise 90 degrees, which locks the socket in place. We fixed this, and then it booted into BIOS. We switched it off via the front switch and then got something to eat after hours of working on it.
Hopefully you haven't damaged anything.

Ask a Question