New graphics card has some strange effects going on........

Reaction score
I've just fitted a Nvidia 6600GT, woohooooo.........THEN I started playing one of my PC games on it.........

unfortunately the graphics have a strange colour/shading gradient effect going on. The colours aren't blending at all. The shading isn't smooth.

The video game itself is fine because I tested it on my sisters PC and she has an Radeon ATI X300SE, which is a worse graphics card than mine. But there is no strange colour gradient effect on her PC.

Is there a special setting that needs to be adjusted. I don't really have a clue about how to adjust stuff on my graphics card.....so I would really appreciate any help on this. Especially from anyone who has the same graphics card.

Cheers!!

Reaction score
How many games have you tried with it, though?
I can't even begin to pinpoint it from your description but try this:

Right click on your desktop -> properties -> settings tab -> advanced -> then /hopefully/ you should be able to see on a tab, the name of your current graphics card installed in your computer. Click on it.

Near the bottom of that window there will be a section witrh the text "antialising settings value." Check what that is - look it up to see what it should be for the game you are trying to play. Normally there would be a setting "Application-controlled" Ticked.

Just a thought - I know sometimes it can affect certain games in a way vaguely described by you.

Reaction score
For a start ... what game is it ?! lol

I had a Gainward 6600GT but i now have a 6800 and had no problems with the 6600GT though ... very odd

:)

Reaction score
Hi.

I've sorted it out. I just restored all the Nvidia Settings to Default, and seems to have done the trick. I think it was the anti aliasing thing that you mentioned ReDtAiL_. Cheers for that.

Now I have another problem.............When I open my Game up it opens up and I can play it as normal, but the window for the Game is about half the size of my monitor.

I can't seem to maximize the screen. Does anyone know why this would happen???

Reaction score
Within the game, have you checked the video options section - try changing the screen resoloution perhaps, maybe even the settings on your monitor when the game is open. If the game appears that it is being squashed, use the monitor controlls and stretch the geomatry of the screen.

Reaction score
Thanks ive tried that but Its not the monitor resolution which is the problem its the boarders around the edges so im able to see the windows task bar and not the entire game and theres the close button in the top right hand corner of the game.

Ask a Question