New Camera

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Ok i want to spend about £150-£200 on a camera but NOT digital...want a 35mm one . I know there are a few Cam wizards out there so any suggestions ???. Got a cheapo digital 1 but its not much fun :)

Ps..That is not me by Concorde :)

Second hand will be OK

Attachments

• Doc1.jpg
    Doc1.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 171
  • Picture 010 (750 x 562).jpg
    Picture 010 (750 x 562).jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Pentax or Nikon if you want to use that film stuff and go visit Boots the Chemists to get them developed.

You can get 2nd hand quality 35mm cameras for a pittance now, nobody wants them anymore.

You're weird.... :D

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I sold my Nikon F-801s with a 35-70 AF Lens and the Nikon SB-24 flash for a paltry $300. I had paid $400 only for the flash originally :D

Rush, wonder why you want to go that route, the films would be very difficult to get not very far in future. making all film cameras redundant, Please reconsider and opt for a Digital SLR :nod:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Ok D-SLR it is then , Camera Technology passed me by years ago obviously ...

By Flops
Pentax or Nikon if you want to use that film stuff and go visit Boots the Chemists to get them developed.

You can get 2nd hand quality 35mm cameras for a pittance now, nobody wants them anymore.

You're weird.... :D

Must be :wave:

Last edited:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Good decision! :) I suggest you look for either a Canon or Nikon and stick to it as time passes and you need to add things you will have to continue to use the brand you picked. Nikon has a great starter kit in D40, D50 can be had cheaper, The low cost budget offerings from Nikon are in my humble opinion a lisghtly better deal in terms of quality of pictures, when you go higher in price both offer excellent technology and are equally good in my opinion, the choice is yours.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Yes D50 is a good choice but not sure if you should consider this option at Ebay.

Reaction score
Bought mine from eBay brand new :)

Have to say though, i prefer the black D50 to the Silver one.

A friend here has the silver version, dosent look/feel as nice.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Ok so i have just bought a new SLR camera

Nikon D50 (long story)​

..after reading a few threads here it or the D50 were considered the best entry level SLR`s. The purpose of it is to really enjoy my summer holiday with my wife and 2 youngest and to get some really great photographs to bring back (dont want to spend the whole 2 weeks blind drunk as its all-Inclusive). So my question is ..most of the shots will be action involving the kids playing and running about on the beach and in the pool (natural shots really) then some of the obviously posing ones. Like Chris Postill though i would like to get close up photos of whatever bugs they have in Mallorca when i`m there (big cockroaches,albino newts the works)...

So what Lens ??? is there one that will be good for all the styles i want ..

Cheers Rush

Last edited:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Have got a ..

AF-S 18-55mm, F/3.5-5.6G Lens

and

AF-S DX Zoom Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6 G ED Lens

playing around at the moment...

Ask a Question