Never dial a connection -- gets switched to --> Dial Whenever a Network Connection is Needed

kgw62

I need some help -- for some unknown reason my Internet connection setting
is being changed without my control or desire. This is despite setting
it to [Never dial a connection] over and over it is getting change to
[Dial Whenever a Network Connection is Needed].

I set the dial up setting to NEVER DIAL A CONNECTION.

Use my pc for a few minutes and a pop-up a dial up connection window asks me
to ok dialing my ISP (mindspring).

This is despite the fact that I am currently online to the Internet via my
home LAN -- and have a working cable modem connection
to the Internet.

This is not a break in my LAN/Internet connection.

But rather -- by going back into the network connection wizard -- I find
that the setting has been changed to DIAL WHENEVER A NETWORK
CONNECTION IS NOT PRESENT --- ugh!

This problem came into existence after I had installed, successfully a WI-FI
card (PCMCIA) and then removed it, since it is not in use right now.

Any help?

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
Kevin Waite