    printer that is shared over the network (that's easy). Please pardon
    the long introduction but it was necessary to explain my position to
    avoid 'say what?' replies. Thanks.

    9h0s7, Oct 18, 2007

  2. If the print devices support SNMP, you can would need to write a tool to
    ping for SNMP print support. I don't know the RFC or what to query on. If
    the device does not support SNMP then you'd still need to send someone to
    the device and print the config page.

    --
    Alan Morris
    Windows Printing Team

    Alan Morris [MSFT], Oct 18, 2007

  3. 9h0s7

    9h0s7 Guest

    Thanks for the response. Someone else mentioned HP Jet WebAdmin as a
    solutions, however that requires a lengthy install (20+ mins due to
    sql server install). I have found other programs to do it but they
    don't work everytime.

    9h0s7, Oct 18, 2007
  4. 9h0s7

    Guest Guest

    "Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

    > If the print devices support SNMP, you can would need to write a tool to
    > ping for SNMP print support. I don't know the RFC or what to query on. If
    > the device does not support SNMP then you'd still need to send someone to
    > the device and print the config page.

    I recently had similar issue and found some information here:

    It turned out to be more complicated than I thaught, and I didn't have time
    to persue it.

    --
    urkec

    Guest, Oct 18, 2007