    clean install with latest drivers. Is this a common problem with XP? Why did
    the previous OS (ME, 98, 2000) work fine before? Almost all the same
    hardware and the machine worked fine back here when I loaded them.

    Peter Parker, Jan 16, 2004

  2. mostly, that happens on xp. you may need to set half duplex to match the
    switch settings.

    --
    For more and other information, go to http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    Don't send e-mail or reply to me except you need consulting services.
    Posting on MS newsgroup will benefit all readers and you may get more help.

    Robert Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN, Anti-Virus, Tips & Troubleshooting on
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    "Peter Parker" <> wrote in message
    > I have had problems with network speed on some machines after upgrading to
    > XP. The resolutions have been replacing networking cables or plugging in

    > different ports on the network switch. At the time I just thought the

    cables
    > became defective and the port on the switch was bad. Today I chatted with
    > someone who is getting delay write errors after upgrading to XP. I told

    him
    > to replace hi network cable first (wall to machine not in the wall) and if
    > that doesn't work try a different port on his hub. When I did mine all

    were

    Robert L [MS-MVP], Jan 16, 2004

  3. Sirs,

    I encounter the same problem, but not all type of file. In
    my cases, the problem exists when opening a 5M excel file
    on file server.

    In addition, the switch we used are auto-netgotate.

    Do you have any comment and suggestion ?

    Thanks

    Raymond Cheung, Jan 17, 2004
  4. Peter Parker

    heywood Guest

    tweakxp.com and other sites like this have lots of stuff
    about this issue.

    or plugging in to

    heywood, Jan 17, 2004
  5. Peter Parker

    Peter Parker Guest

    ?? What does that have to do with what I asked. All I did was replace the
    cable, plug into a different port, &/or both. I did change any settings.
    Plus our switch is auto negotiate.

    Peter Parker, Jan 19, 2004
  6. Peter Parker

    Peter Parker Guest

    What is it called. I keep seeing tweaks to change setting. But nothing
    dealing with my issue. I fixed by change wire or different switch ports. not
    with tweaks. Is there a tweak where I don't have to switch ports or wire?

    Peter Parker, Jan 19, 2004