Network Property Sheets

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 2000 Networking' started by Larry Weldon, Aug 24, 2004.

  1. Larry Weldon

    Larry Weldon Guest

    I cannot seem to get rid of the following error. Has
    anyone seen this problem and is there anything I can do
    short of re-installing the OS? It originally started
    when I tried to install a Linksys WPC54GS in my Presario
    laptop without disabling the ethernet interface.

    Thanks ************************************************

    Error Message Claims That All Controls in LAN Adapter
    Properties Are Disabled
    View products that this article applies to.
    SYMPTOMS
    If you have two or more network adapters installed in
    Windows 2000 and you view the properties for both
    adapters at the same time, you receive the following
    error message:

    The controls on this property sheet are disabled because
    one or more other Network property sheets are already
    open. To use these controls, close all these property
    sheets and then reopen this one.

    After you click OK, the controls on the General tab are
    disabled. However, the controls on the Internet
    Connection Sharing tab are not disabled.

    STATUS
    Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the
    Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of
    this article.
    Microsoft Windows 2000 Server

    Larry Weldon, Aug 24, 2004

  2. Larry Weldon wrote:
    > I cannot seem to get rid of the following error. Has
    > anyone seen this problem and is there anything I can do
    > short of re-installing the OS? It originally started
    > when I tried to install a Linksys WPC54GS in my Presario
    > laptop without disabling the ethernet interface.
    >
    > Thanks ************************************************
    >
    > Error Message Claims That All Controls in LAN Adapter
    > Properties Are Disabled
    > View products that this article applies to.
    > This article was previously published under Q236144
    > SYMPTOMS
    > If you have two or more network adapters installed in
    > Windows 2000 and you view the properties for both
    > adapters at the same time, you receive the following
    > error message:
    >
    > The controls on this property sheet are disabled because
    > one or more other Network property sheets are already
    > open. To use these controls, close all these property
    > sheets and then reopen this one.
    >
    > After you click OK, the controls on the General tab are
    > disabled. However, the controls on the Internet
    > Connection Sharing tab are not disabled.
    >
    > STATUS
    > Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the
    > Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of
    > this article.
    > The information in this article applies to:
    > Microsoft Windows 2000 Server

    Once i had the same problem. Aftre 5 hors of pain and a
    nearly sleeples nicht i found a solution for it.
    I hope this will help you.

    My research turned out that there are several error messages
    which seem to be related are to this issue:

    --

    "The controls on this property sheet are disabled because one or more
    other Network property sheets are already open. To use these control,
    close all these property sheets and then reopen this one."

    --

    "Could not uninstall the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) component.
    The error is 0x8004A024."

    --

    "Microsoft Windows 2000 has detected software that is not completely
    installed on your computer. Windows 2000 Setup cannot continue until

    --

    Finally i found the solution in a Microsoft Knowledge Base
    Article - 242435 (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=242435)

    Follwing it i found one entry pointing to an pending network
    installation process in tis registry key:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

    because of this windows was thinking that there is still a installation
    process in the install queue.

    hope this will help !!!

    Andreas

    Andreas Kohlbecker, Sep 23, 2004

  3. Larry Weldon

    Mike Holden

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Disabled controls on property sheet

    I had this message when opening the Local Area Network Properties window, which meant the Properties button was disabled.

    "The controls on this property sheet are disabled because one or more
    other Network property sheets are already open. To use these control,
    close all these property sheets and then reopen this one."

    No other property sheets were open.

    Andreas's fix worked for me.
    Thank you,
    Mike