    My network printer does not print when I am connected to an ISP by dial-up.
    My printer starts printing after disconnecting from an ISP, closing the
    dial-up connection. How to make my printer print when I'm connected?

    Dmitry Kopnichev, Oct 6, 2005

  2. Dmitry Kopnichev

    Guest Guest

    Hi

    There is chance of Resource conflict go to Device manager and check for the
    Resource Conflict or Try to update the printer Driver

    S.Kaliyan
    Microsoft MVP
    Http://Spaces.msn.com/members/kaliyans
    http://groups.msn.com/bangaloreitpro

    Guest, Oct 6, 2005

  3. There is a yellow exclamation mark at OMCI in Drivers of Non-Plug and Play
    devices only.
    "S Kaliyan" <> ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌ/ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌÁ × ÎÏ×ÏÓÔÑÈ
    ÓÌÅÄÕÀÝÅÅ: news:...

    Dmitry Kopnichev, Oct 6, 2005
  4. Now, there is no a yellow exclamation mark in the Device manager, I deleted
    the OMCI.

    Dmitry Kopnichev, Oct 6, 2005
  5. Hello
    My connection to LAN stops working when my dialup modem is connected to ISP.
    There are no Resource conflicts now.

    Dmitry Kopnichev, Oct 7, 2005
  6. Dmitry Kopnichev

    Bob I Guest

    Compare the IP addresses you are using for dial up and what the LAN and
    printer are using. Sound like you have conflicting settings in there
    somewhere.

    Bob I, Oct 7, 2005
  7. Should the IP addresses be the same?
    "Bob I" <> ???????/???????? ? ???????? ?????????:
    > Compare the IP addresses you are using for dial up and what the LAN and
    > printer are using. Sound like you have conflicting settings in there
    > somewhere.
    >
    > Dmitry Kopnichev wrote:
    > > Hello
    > > My connection to LAN stops working when my dialup modem is connected to

    ISP.
    > > There are no Resource conflicts now.
    > > "S Kaliyan" <> ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌ/ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌÁ ×

    ÎÏ×ÏÓÔÑÈ

    Dmitry Kopnichev, Oct 10, 2005
  8. The IP addresses are given automatically for the dial up and LAN
    connections. What could be the problem then?
    "Bob I" <> ???????/???????? ? ???????? ?????????:
    > Compare the IP addresses you are using for dial up and what the LAN and
    > printer are using. Sound like you have conflicting settings in there
    > somewhere.
    >
    > Dmitry Kopnichev wrote:
    > > Hello
    > > My connection to LAN stops working when my dialup modem is connected to

    ISP.
    > > There are no Resource conflicts now.
    > > "S Kaliyan" <> ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌ/ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌÁ ×

    ÎÏ×ÏÓÔÑÈ

    Dmitry Kopnichev, Oct 10, 2005
  9. Dmitry Kopnichev

    Bob I Guest

    Are they in the same "subnet". Sounds to me like the dial-up is same
    subnet as the lan and so you cause a switching of networks when you dial
    up. Since the printer cannot be seen on the "dialup" side, printing
    stops, when the subnet the printer is on returns the printer is used.

    Bob I, Oct 10, 2005
  10. How to know if they are in the same "subnet"? DNS-server addresses are got
    automatically for both the dialup and LAN.

    Dmitry Kopnichev, Oct 10, 2005
  11. Not only printer, connection to MS Exchange server stops working too.

    Dmitry Kopnichev, Oct 10, 2005
  12. Dmitry Kopnichev

    Bob I Guest

    Go to Command prompt. Enter IPCONFIG. The network address information
    will be shown. You can do it with and without the dialup. As a point of
    curiousity what does the network administrator say about your "dialup"
    connection?

    Bob I, Oct 10, 2005
  13. How to set the dial-up in a different subnet than the LAN? The subnet field
    is grayed out because the the IP addresses are given automatically for the
    dial up and LAN connections. What addresses should I set for IP and subnet
    for the dial-up?

    Dmitry Kopnichev, Oct 10, 2005
  14. I went to Command prompt, Entered IPCONFIG. LAN subnet is 255.255.252.0,
    dial up subnet is 255.255.255.255. What could be the problem then?

    Dmitry Kopnichev, Oct 10, 2005
  15. The network administrator does not know what is the problem.

    Dmitry Kopnichev, Oct 10, 2005
  16. Dmitry Kopnichev

    Bob I Guest

    The 255.255.255.255 is limiting what the PC sees on the dialup side.
    Also what IP address is given to the PC in each case.

    Bob I, Oct 10, 2005
  17. IP addresses for both: the dialup and LAN, are arbitrary, are given
    automatically every time computer connects.

    Dmitry Kopnichev, Oct 11, 2005
  18. How is the 255.255.255.255 limiting what the PC sees on the dialup side?

    Dmitry Kopnichev, Oct 11, 2005
  19. Dmitry Kopnichev

    Bob I Guest

    It is a subnet of one address.