Network printer acting up

P

PioneerT

printer is on Win7 Home Prem 64, my notebook is WinXp Home sp3. Printer hasbeen working fine for years, last week I "Renamed" my notebook and since then whenever my notebook sleeps or restarts I can't print from the default printer. the only fix is restarting my main PC with the printer attached. Ihave reinstalled the drivers, tried a few tricks I read about (renaming the PrintShare, then naming it back) whats weird is the printer shows in Printers and Faxes as Ready but won't even print a test. I'm sure it has to do with me renaming my Notebook but need a fix (Computer Name/Workgroup)

Y

Yousuf Khan

printer is on Win7 Home Prem 64, my notebook is WinXp Home sp3. Printer has been working fine for years, last week I "Renamed" my notebook and since then whenever my notebook sleeps or restarts I can't print from the default printer. the only fix is restarting my main PC with the printer attached. I have reinstalled the drivers, tried a few tricks I read about (renaming the PrintShare, then naming it back) whats weird is the printer shows in Printers and Faxes as Ready but won't even print a test. I'm sure it has to do with me renaming my Notebook but need a fix (Computer Name/Workgroup)

Have you tried deleting the printer from your XP laptop, and
reinstalling from scratch?

Yousuf Khan

Ask a Question