Net send does not work on Win7?

Reaction score
Hello, please how do i send message from my computer to the other computers on the same lan with me using windows7? The Windows net send command seems not work. I do this on other OS. Any help are greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
If you've moved on to Vista or Win7 and go looking for the Net Send command, you aren't going to find it. This is because the command has been replaced with MSG.EXE. To launch the command: click on the Start button, type CMD in the search box and press Enter. The Command Prompt window will appear where you can send a message using MSG.EXE. For additional information about MSG.EXE, type msg /? at the command prompt and press Enter.

Use a specified LAN messenger maybe an ideal alternative solution. You can check out the advantages and disadvantages between net send and LAN messenger.

Reaction score
You can do a Google search and find some net send replacement, such as Spam links removed - fbs etc.

Ask a Question